Chapter 38

"WHAT?!"

Kaito's, Shinichi's and the other girls' eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"WHAT?!"

Kaito and Shinichi were looking back and forth from Kazumi and then to the British detective that was staring at Kazumi.

Kaito drew back in his seat, while Sonoko, Aoko and Ran all seemed to be holding each other's hands for support as they watched the British detective and Kazumi stare at each other. The girls were warm in the cheeks to feel of slight romance in the air.

Kaito pointed to the two of them, "Wait, wait. You two, know... each other?" He then turned to Shinichi, who turned to face him with the same amount of confusion that he had.

Meanwhile, while everyone else was going into a culture shock, Kazumi's skin was suddenly drained of all its colour and her poker face had been slammed on so hard, it was like a smack to the face. The younger twin had to do everything in her power to not take a cautious step back as that would show that she was scared. Behind her, Kazumi heard Sonoko say to the girls that maybe she had gotten close to Hakuba before she came to Japan. Kazumi was also aware of her brother's and cousin's surprise, but didn't know how to react to it.

Instead, instincts kicked in. Suddenly, Kazumi lowered her head, lunged forward and grasped the British detective's wrist, just like she had in England when they first met, and proceeded to pull him with full force out of the classroom, gaining stares from her classmates. The nervous calls of her name from the blonde detective went unheard as she continued pulling him away from the others, also making him stumble on his own two feet as he tried to keep up with her hurried pace.

When Kazumi had done that, Sonoko and the girls squealed. "Maybe she missed him!" Squealed Sonoko as she clasped Ran's and Aoko's hands tighter.

Kaito was glaring at the doorway of where his sister and the British detective had just exited. Shinichi was just staring at the doorway, confused.

The eastern detective leant over his cousin's desk to whisper to him, "Did Kazumi mention anything about Hakuba-kun?"

Without taking his eyes off of the doorway, he answered, "No. No she did not." The last thing he needed was for his sister to get close to the one bastard that kept openly accusing him of being Kid.

》》》》》》》

Kazumi dragged Hakuba until she reached an empty room, all the while not saying a single thing to the boy behind her. When she found a broom cupboard, Kazumi swung open the door and shoved the detective inside, being careful not to get caught or spotted by anyone. The bell for class had gone off a minute ago, so she didn't have time to mess around.

Once she was in the room, she closed the door and pushed Hakuba up against the wall with a hand twisted in the front of his shirt and her other arm near his chin. Her eyes were fierce when she looked up to him.

"K-Kazumi-chan-" Hakuba tried to choke out but was silenced by Kazumi.

"Why are you here?" She demanded, tone menacing. "You better have a good reason, and it better be the truth because I'll know if you're lying." she hissed, her piercing indigo eyes never leaving his terrified maroon ones.

"I go here," he answered. "I go to school here."

Kazumi stared at him for a second longer before glancing down at his entire form. He was wearing the same uniform as her brother and cousin, white blazer, blue tie and black trousers. "This can't just be a coincidence," she troubled herself silently.

Hakuba, looking completely scared for his life, bravely cleared his throat and dared himself to speak. "K-Kazumi-chan?"

Kazumi slowly looked up to meet his eyes, "Yes."