Caboose x Reader: The Apocalypse

Hey rookies. I'm so sorry for not updating or writing. I have been having a major writers block. I hope you like an I will be trying to write more. I am really sorry. Hope you enjoy this story

One of the first things I remember was running, running with a small blond boy. We were on reach running away from the covenant, all we could see was dead and destruction. Me and my friend (the blond boy) got on a transport ship, and when we got away from the fight I started to cry, I didn't want to cry in front of my friend, but once we were safe I did. We were asked if we wanted to be in the army and strait away we both said yes. We wanted to get revenge on the people that hurt us and our family.

Over the years we trained I got better but when I became a mercenary I got separate from my friend (the blond boy). At first I was angry but I knew I had to get better to be the best of the best, so when I completed my 150th mission and UNSC asked me if I wanted to become a freelancer, without hesitation I said yes, but that was the worst mistake I made.

---on the mother of invention----

The director told me that my new name is going to be Michigan or Mich for short. I got new armour and then I was told to meet the rest of the team in the conference room.
I made my was there and I think I arrived early, the only once there was the Director and the Councillor. They saw me and the Councillor moments me to come over.
"Ah, (Y/N) how are you today?" The director glared at the Councillor.
"It's Agent Michigan, and I'm fine" the Councillor noted something on his pad, then turned to the Director.
"The other agents are on there way" the director said in an emotionless voice. I just nod, I waited for the other agents to arrive. I have read there files so I know what to do and expect from some of them.

After a few hours they arrived and they stood in line waiting for the director to speak. I took in how they stood and there armours I worked out who was who. Caroline in the teal armour, New York in the cream colour, Wyoming in the white armour, Washington with grey and yellow armour, Connecticut was in brown armour, North Dakota was in a dark purple with dark green highlights, South Dakota was in a light purple with light green highlights, Maine was in a white with some orange highlights, Florida in a Dark blue armour, and then there was me in a (F/C) and (F/C) highlight.

"I am Agent Carolina, I am the team leader. Who might you be?" Carolina was judgemental of the new recruit, she didn't like the idea of someone beating her in become the director favourite.
"This is Agent Michigan, they will be a field medic and if they has to they will also fight." The director knew (Y/N) didn't like talking to people she didn't know. He also knew it would be a bad idea to tell them a new recruit is a girl so he didn't state the gender.
"Understood sir, will you come with me so we can show you around" Carolina asked her, (Y/N) only nodded.
"Ok follow me" Carolina showed you around and then met the rest of the team in the lounge/commons room.

"So..... What can you do Mich?" New York or York as he preferred to be called, asked (Y/N) so he and the others knew where to put her in the field.
"Well, are ya gonna say somethin'?" South Dakota or South demanded. You could tell she doesn't like anyone very much.
"Do you have a problem speaking? Or something" Washington or Wash, seemed to care. You just kept quiet, you knew they wouldn't like you very much.
"Just answer the dame questions, I order you to" Carolina didn't like the idea of getting a new recruit, and especially one that didn't talk to her. So having been pranked and late for a meeting wasn't bad enough you not talking was also not helping.
"What's your bloody problem? Answer the fuckin question!!" Carolina was getting hissy with you, it didn't help you didn't talk to people.
"Ok Carolina I think they are scared of you, and because of that they aren't talking" North Dakota or North, tried to get Carolina to calm down.
"Fine, you get them to answer the question" Carolina walked off, probably going to punch something.
"Ok, Michigan or Mich, please can you answer the questions" Norths voice was calming you down and it made you trust him, you took a deep breath and took you helmet off.
"Hi..... I do not have a problem speaking as you can tell, I'm..... just not good at talking to people. To answer your question Agent New York, I can fire a sniper rifle, I used to be a mercenary, and I'm also a doctor in many areas of the body" you look down thinking they were going to hate you.
"That's cool, and just York will do" York smiled softly at you and took his helmet off, the rest of the freelancers (except Carolina who was punching walls/punching bag in her room) took there helmets off. You looked up shocked that they actually accepted you.
"Ok" for the first time in ages you smile, like a big idiot.