Return to the Graveyard

I'm excited to return to the Graveyard. Yesterday I saw something memorable, the myth about the monster that lives in the graveyard is true. The watcher of the graveyard is real, the myth isn't a fairy-tale or something to tell children to make them behave. There is something living in the graveyard, and it has been there for a very long time.

When I was in the graveyard I was spooked by the wanderer, I wasn't sure how it-he could live in such conditions. To be honest though, my living condition isn't any better. 

I hate the house that I had to call 'home', and the adults who live here. They may be my parents but, they shouldn't be called such a loving word, they are more of a monster than the thing in the graveyard.

I open the 'window' and climb onto the roof, it is the only way for me to get out of the house without them seeing me. It is something I've done so many times it has become a normal way to leave the house.

On the roof you can see so many thing, such as all the other houses that lead up till the forest with the auburn leaves on the trees. It is a pretty sight as well as tranquil especially when it is night, as you can see the shining stars in the sky, like there is some hope even in darkness.

As much as I loved sitting on the roof I needed to move so I could go to the graveyard. I then turned to the old, almost dead, like tree and climbed down. From here it is about a five minute walk to the edge of the forest, and ten to the graveyard. It's far enough away that I can feel safe, but not too far so I can get 'home' in a hurry if I need to.

I prefer the forest, it's silent and there is so much beauty that people can't see. As I have said before, the auburn leaves are spectacular as well colourful. I don't normally get a chance to enjoy the scenery as much as I'd like to, as I am trying to get away from my 'parents' or bullies.

It didn't take me long to get to the graveyard, time seems to fly by while I'm enjoying the forest, sometimes I wish I could stay here forever. Nothing seemed to have changed since I was here yesterday, this excited me because that means I would meet the 'creature'. I was fascinated by the 'creature', along with the graveyard. The graveyard itself looks gloomy and abandoned, but the mausoleums' statues make up for the bleakness with its angels, gargoyles, reapers, and many more interesting statues.

Deciding it might be a while before the creature came back, I sat down at the bench I had been sat at yesterday and pulled out one of the library books I had got. It was an H.P.Lovecraft story about 'The Colours Out Of Space', it is an interesting concept and at times I wished this small town had something like that happen. I was about halfway through the book when I heard the sound of crunching leaves. Looking up towards where the sound came from, I saw the creature, it was still moving limp like but didn't have any blood on its dress shirt this time.

I stood up calmly to make my presence known, the creature looked frightened at first but held its ground. I gave a small smile and then slowly sat back down, I wanted to show I was not a threat or at the very least going to harm it. I waited for it to move, and when it did I was surprised. It turned towards me and came closer to me, at first I was afraid it would try and kill me. However it didn't seem to want to, it just stopped in front of me and tilted its head.

"Hello, my name is Rose. I'm not here to hurt you," to be honest I was terrified and I think he could see that as I was shaking like a leaf does in the cold wind. I was pleasantly surprised he replied to me, however it was in an old scratchy accent.

"How can I be sure you're not like the others," there seemed to be so much hate, he said 'others' in a vehement tone. It was like it was the plague or something dangerous animal.

I wanted to show him I'm not like everyone else. I knew there was a chance of me having a panic attack, but decided to take off my jacket anyway and show him the many scars I have from the so called 'people'.

Immediately I could see in his eyes change from lifeless and emotionless to sympathetic and understanding.

"We're not so different then, it's nice to meet you Rose. My name is Lionel," I don't know why but I just started to smile. I am glad I returned to the old Graveyard.