Grandma Tell Me Again

"Tell us again please Grandma, please," A little girl spoke to the elderly woman.

"Alright, alright. I'll tell you again how I meet the gardian of the graveyard,"

Now the towns people may think I'm crazy, and I know your Mother does too, but I am not. I was only a teenager when I met him, and at first I was frightened because acording to the old myth one look could steal a wearly travelers soul away with its eerie red eyes. Oh those eyes, hollow, lifeless eyes looked at me. They turned red when he felt threatened, and that's where the phrase stated.

His skin was ghost pale and he moved around slow with a limp, because one of his legs was injured while he was hunting some food. And no, he didn't eat human meat he didn't seem to care.

I didn't want to startall him so I tried to step back quietly but, due to my clumsy nature I steped in a dry twig and a sharp snap sound filled the air. It was then that I saw the same pain I felt everyday in his eyes. You see, he was misunderstood and was treated like dirt because of it.

A small amout of time passed and he left, with me standing there surprised and astounded. The second time I met him I was ready, I took a book with me incase I had to wait but I didn't mind. I heard him before I saw him, and that was when I managed to start to talk to him.

I learned his name was Lionel and he had been alived a very long time. He lived in a time when magic was real and there was honour something everyone had. At first I though he was jesting but he wasn't. He told me he was a knight of the old code, from king authur time.

I will always remember the old code, a Knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.

It is a poetic code and in my opinion means more then it lets on, I tried to teach your Mother the code but she didn't find it interesting. Now I know all of this sounds like a crazy story I'd make up to entertain you but it isn't. It's all true and maybe when your older I could introduce you to Lionel.

One of the adventures we had always makes me laugh, I was helping him hunt with a bow and some arrows. I was quite the marks woman when I was younger, I could it a squirrel that was 5 meters away in the eye. Unfortunetly I got a bit to excited and slipped on some old leaves and shot an arrow right at Lionel's bum. He said that I was a good shot but I needed to be aware of my surroundings.

"haha, you said Bum," the grandchild exclaimed laughing.

"Yes, yes I did. Just don't tell your Mother alright, I'd hate to get into trouble with her." The grandma explained, hoping she didn't jinx herself.

Anyway, I pulled the arrow out and always made sure to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground incase that happends again. Lionel always jokes about it when I have my bow and arrows with me. Saying stuff like 'you'd better not shoot me again' or 'my bum still hurts from last time so be careful' and so on.

"Mother I hope Anna was good," A young woman comes through the front door and said child runs at her.

"Mommy, Mommy. Gandma was telling me storys about knights and the code on honour," Anna exclained brightly.

"Yes well it's time to go now, go grab your things," the mother tells Anna. Anna runs off to go grab her things.

"I'm sorry for not believeing you when I was younger mum," the woman goes and sits next to the elderly lady.

"So you saw him then? Let me guess, by the old cemetery next to the Mausoleum," she hummed at her daughter.

"Yes, he was a sight to behold. I wanted to see if he was real, you know he said I looked almost exactly like you except the eyes," the young woman statedbut before the elderly woman could reply anna came back.

"Mommy I'm done, is it time to go home now?" the woman nodded and smiled at her Mother. She then started to walk away and to her car, then Anna popped her head out of the window and shouted something.

"See you next week Grandma!" after that they were gone leaving a smiling old lady.