Ace X Reader : Slipped Away

Hey rookies, sorry I haven't don't a massive update. I've been busy, I know that's no excuse and I'm sorry. But I hope you like this. It's about ace and the reader feeling connected about losing Thatch.

(Reader P.O.V)
"W..why, I..it's not fair! W..why must I lose the people I care about?! W..why did Thatch have to die?!?"
"Why"

"(Y/N)?"

I turned around swiftly and saw Ace standing there, he had slight tear marks running down his freckled cheeks. I could tell he was just as upset as I was.

"Oh.. h..hey there Ace. W..what you doing here, I.. I though you would have been asleep"
"After what happened?! Not a chance, so... I'm guessing your not alright"

"Hehe, what gave it away?" I make a stiff laugh, not really amused but trying to lighten the tension.

"Look (Y/N), I.. I know Thatch was the one that introduced you to Oyaji a..and I know your very upset now. I swear in the morning I'm gonna tell Oyaji that I'm going after the bastard that did this and-"

I cut Ace off, I didn't want him going after Tech. I was afraid he might kill Ace, I didn't care if Ace was the 2nd Division Commander or not I wasn't going to lost another brother.

"NO! I.. I don't want you going after him... h..he might kill you like Thatch a..and I.. i ... I couldn't be able to forgive myself if you did die! S..so please.... don't"

"W..what?! HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT?! Tech needs to be punished!"

"I get it! I want to kill that Asshole as well Ace! I really do! But we can't go guns and devil fruits blazing, OUR FAMILY COULD DIE FROM A SIMPLE MISTAKE SO DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOU VOICE AT ME!"

I didn't mean to yell at Ace but I didn't want to lose him, I.. I love Ace and it would crush me if he died. I sighed and spoke softer, I don't want him to think I was angry at him.

"I.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. But just wait about Ace, please"

"Alright"

I smiled slightly and hugged Ace and rested my head on his shoulder, I accidentally started to cry. Ace noticed and hugged me back and tried to calm me down. I then though of an old song my older sister used to sing to me before she died.

Na na, na na na, na na

I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

I started to remember when I found Thatch bleeding out and hearing Tech's evil laugh, I was to shocked to do anything as I held him trying to stop the bleeding. It terrified me that he was dying in my lap.

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

I wished I would have saved him, he was my best friend and brother. If it wasn't for him the government would still be trying to get a hold of me and using me to do there dirty work.

Oh
I hope you can hear me
'Cause I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

I realised then that nothing would be the same, now that he was gone. It crushed me, I curled into Ace more and sung my heart out hoping Thatch could hear me from where ever he is.

I've had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

I keep asking myself why did it have to be Thatch, why couldn't Tech take it without it killing Thatch. But I've got the woken up call and I know nothing can change what's happened.

Now you're gone, now you're gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back

I wish I could bring Thatch back but I can't, I want to but I know he's gone. I feel Ace rocking me and rubbing my back knowing how hard it was for me to let go.

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

"I.. I'll miss you Nii-San"

I then just break down crying, I couldn't help it I knew I cried until I fell asleep. Then next thing I know it's morning and I have a small letter next to me.

Dear (Y/N)

I know you didn't want em going after that bastard, but I can't let him get away with making you and everyone else sad as well as killing Thatch.

I know this is a suicide mission that's why I'm taking off after I've told everyone, I'll probably be gone by the time you wake up so I'll say or write this now.

(Y/N), you are the light it my world and I'm glad I met you and joined pops crew. I love you and I'll be back, so don't worry I'm going to be fine. Take care of everyone for me and Thank you for loving me.

Form
Portugas. D. Ace

"Why does everyone slip away?! *sigh* you'd better keep your promise Ace!"

Little did I know was was going to happen at Marinefort, and the heart ack I'd feel again.

Hey rookies thanks for reading, I know this is a short one but I hope you enjoyed it.