Getting caught...twice

Steve hand got a hold on the roof ledge.

"Give me your other hand." You ordered.

He obeyed and pulled himself up, seconds before the first guard appeared.

You pointed to the door and Steve got your message. You crawled on the roof and reached the door. You grabbed the ledge of the roof and swinged inside the building. Luckily, no one was there. You reached the floor with ease. You couldn't hear anything apart from Steve's panting.

"All clear." You said.

Steve fell to the ground less gracefully. Then still clutching his check whispered: "You really know how to slap."

"Got some training."

"What..." He started but you had already slipped down the corridor and were staring at a lock. Strange. Particular. Not very pretty to look at be okay. Silver snakes and small lights flashed. Electronic. There was a thing slot. Thing enough for a piece of paper. 

"Now, how do you open?" You asked.

"I'll open when you ask me to nicely." Steve answered from behind you. You jumped.

"Don't do that. Now be quiet, first time I'm doing this."

You reached for the lock. Your fingers applying pressure on the sides of the machinery. Clicks and groans were heard but all of them in your mind. Right now you were grasping at anything there could be to open the machine. The clicks. They didn't seem to have a pattern. It would probably be impossible for you to discover even if it did.

You dragged you hand off the door " So much for trying to crack open a door a few hundred years older than the one's I am used too."

He raised an eyebrow and stepped a few feet backwards and told you to get out of the way. You did as told while sceptically looking at him. He pulled his shield over his body and slammed into the door.  Now you understood. Seriously? So much for a stealth entry. Let's make a lot of effort not letting the guards see us then let's jump in there face. The door ripped of it hinges and fell upon the floor. Stealth? Maybe not. But who was to deny that Steve's method was effective. Unfortunately, so did Steve. You laughed, offered him a hand and tried to pull him up.

"You search the right side of the room, I search the left?"

"Let' s get to it."

You pulled open a drawer and asked "How big is this thing supposed to be?"

"I am guessing weapon size." Steve said sarcastically

"That's very helpful." You stated. Nothing in the draw. A pen and notebook.

You closed the draw and search through the counter and on top of the table.

"I like your shield by the way. Not sure about the colours though. Red is to violent but at least you've seen combat. Blue is calm and cold headed as you should be in battle and white is supposed to be a symbol of purity. Killing people doesn't make someone pure."

"I guess but I got the colours because they come with the flag."

"No way. Please tell me you don't have a flag for a cape."

"Nah. But that's an idea I've never heard before." Steve grinned as his clumsy fingers fumbled through the desk.

You turned around and found yourself face to face with Steve. Your lips were dangerously close to his. You blushed furiously and turned your head to face a new door.

You stepped to your right and nodded towards the closed door. "Want to do the honours?"

He slipped his shield of his back and ran up to the door. He took three shots this time. The door collapsed under his weight.