The winter soldier

You were sitting at a computer, observing the sighting's of the "Winter Soldier.' You had already eliminated all the unlikely ones.

You transfer them from day to day. They all seemed to be heading South-Est. You hummed, rubbing the back of your neck.

You had been searching for Bucky for the last hour but nothing was giving you a clear indication of where he was. You started singing the only songs you knew:

(Shakespearean English coming up)

Life ask'd doom: "why doth people cherish me,

When they hate to angize (acknowledge) thee?"

Quickly, doeth death retort with clarity:

"Thou are an alluring accuracy 

when I am just a troublesome honesty."

"Nice singing. Song's a bit disturbing though." Steve said. 

You immediately blushed and tried to cover your head in your hair.

"It's the only one I know."

"You only know one song?" 

"Apart from the Church's song's in Latin. It's kind of an off-limits song soo yeah... I only sung it when I was alone or with Luc."

"Off-limits?"

"It was supposed to prohibited because the King said so and that would be what all the people who weren't agreeing on the King's judgement would say. But the village sung it day in and day out because the King's troops hadn't helped during the genocide."

Steve nodded and gave you a comforting smile.  He put a mug of your (favourite hot drink) next to you. You grabbed it and took a sip then put it back down. His eyes hovered over the screen and gave you a quizzical look

"I don't have any interesting news. The sightings are starting to make sense but I still can't pinpoint where he is. Anything familiar?"

"Nothing." He glanced at you.

You twirled your chair around, your eyes narrow and asked Steve: "Do I want to know what you are thinking?"

"It's probably something you've heard before but you're beautiful when you are chasing down a man who killed lots of people when he was brainwashed."

You laughed: "That's a first actually." 

He smiled but then it twisted as though he just tasted something sour then he asked: " you know that as soon as you find him you should tell the authorities and not doing so will result in you becoming a fugitive?"

You nodded.

"then why are you helping me?"

"One: because I think your judgement on this person will be accurate. two: I've also had to kill people and although I feel like stabbing myself sometimes I think I should forgive because there is nothing I can do to stop it. And while being alive I can actually help people. three: I'll be watching your back. Four: I just may or may not have a thing for the person who asked me this favour. Five: And I am definitely not going to let you have all the fun. Do you need any more justifications?"

"No." He kisses you softly on the forehead and although you know he wants to actually kiss you, he is stopping himself from doing so.

You smile and twirl your chair around to face the computer. Your eyes shift to the screen. Steve lays his hands on your shoulders, making your stomach twist and your head become lighter. Your breath hitched when he approached you. Not because he scared you but because you were scared of what you could become when near to you.