Stitches

Your eyes fluttered open after what seemed like a second but the absence of pain in your arm wound told you otherwise.

Your shoulder was still aching  and bleeding a lot though but your arm was fine. The bullets still stuck you realised. You scanned your surroundings, Bucky was working on the last person standing. No realising a man was aiming at him with his gun. The man was right beside you so you easily grabbed his left arm and twisted it. His scream ringing in your ears, you pinched the back of his neck. As soon as his body went ridged. You let go of his arm and turned around, never once using your right shoulder.

A tear slipped down your check as your shoulder touched an agent's gun. It didn't fire though. Your arm or shoulder just touched it lightly causing your shoulder to flair up in pain. You instantly clasped your hand over it, blood pulsing past your firm grip. You were chewing through your check. A trickle of blood slipped through your teeth. The pain seemed to dull your shoulder.

Bucky turned around. You tried to stand, your legs in a machine-like mode, forgetting your head that was slightly dizzy from head-butting the agents. You gave Bucky a weak smile. He answered it, out of breath.

A second latter, you were running side by side with Bucky all of the noises seamed to be filtered through a glass wall. The wind was only a faint whistle. The blood pulsing through your shoulder was only a faint throb, your breath was only a little murmur.

You reached Steve within seconds. His head was held back but his eyes were open.

"I can't carry him alone. Not completely." Bucky remarked

"You won't have to, I'll help."

"Your shoulder..."

"Think a woman can't handle any pain. Think again and give me your knife." He stared at you for a minute considering if the fight had drove you into madness. he glanced at Steve who nodded. He handed you a knife. 

Your fingers wrapped around the cool leather handle. You knew what you had to do. The only thing stopping you from carrying Steve was your wound. the only thing keeping your wound from healing itself was the bullet in it. One option: Remove the bullet. One way to did it quick: dig it out.

Your fingers twirled the blade around. It was a fine blade, sharp and longer than adverge, perfectly balanced. You decided to remove the bullet before you could change your mind.

Steve's eyes were wide as though he just realized what he was about to witness, Bucky however seemed utterly clueless. You moved your hand and placed it on your lap. It would have been a hard job for anyone else to remove the bullet since your shoulder was covered in blood and it was still pumping through. Luckily for you, you happened to feel the bullet lodged in your flesh.

You drove the dagger deep into your flesh, biting you check to avoid screaming. You drove it in again on the other side of the bullet. You stabbed yourself repetitively in the shoulder in an attempt to dislodge the bullet. 

At your third trust of the dagger, Steve hand stopped you. His eyes were filled with tears, his face although cake in sweat was screaming 'Don't' 

Ignoring his attempt to stop you, you drove the knife back in your flesh and managed to yank the bullet out, along with a lot of flesh. Blood spread faster. it was now covering you entire t-shirt. It's original colour was hidden under the deep red.

You clasped your hand on your shoulder trying to prevent the bleeding from killing you. The bleeding slowed to a slower pace. Blood lodged beneath your fingernails, everywhere up until your elbow. 

You counted the seconds as Bucky quickly snatched his knife away, still not quite processing what had happened.

Steve eyes were wide and full of horror. You closed your eyes and focused on your breathing, the flow of blood slowed to a trickle. Then, it stopped. No more red fluid was colliding with your palm. You removed your hand, the blood still think around your fingers. you whipped it on your shirt but I didn't do any good if anything there was more blood on it afterwards.