Siberia. Part 1.

You took a deep breath and crouched to touch the cold snow.

Your hands slid across the snow. You pushed it aside with your long sleeves and touched as well as observed the cold metal surface.

"Found metal, captain do you mind busting it open for me?"

"Sure." Cap answered.

In this situation he was the hero not the kind and caring man that had just became your friend. You were drawing a line between work and...... What?.... fun? real life? but isn't superhero work real life?

No, that wasn't it. It was a line between supernatural danger and normal-life danger, a line you were expecting Steve to not get confused.

You hadn't realized that you had been staring into black space until Steve was waving his colorful in front of your eyes. He was grinning.

"What?" Your eyes glared into his. He just smiled eve more.

"You're cute when you think no one is watching."

Oh no. He just confused both lines.

-Technically, he could just be captain America and be complementing a citizen.

- But I am not a citizen.

-oh shut up and enjoy the complements.

You were blushing really hard. In fact, you were almost as red as a tomato.

You stared at the hole the captain had just made with his shield and smiled. You got your blush under control.

Steve was about to jump when you said:

"Shouldn't we first mesure the height of the fall?"

"We could do that but it wouldn't be useful anyway because I jumped off of a plane unharmed."

Your stomach twisted at the words 'plane'.

"Just call when I need to jump."

He winked at you and then took a step back and jumped. Not head first, obviously but still it looked pretty dangerous. You stared into the nothingness of the dark hole.

You waited to hear the sound of his voice calling you to come down. Nothing. Had you even heard him hit the ground?

You were growing anxious. If he didn't hit the floor in the next few seconds the fall would most certainty be revealed fatal.

Finally Steve voice spoke with a reassuring; "Ewww..."

You exhale a breath you didn't realize you were holding. You put both arms on each side of the hole and swung your legs on the inside of the hole. You pushed off. For a few scary moments, the fall was all you knew.

You imagined becoming a grease spot on the floor below. You closed your eyes firmly, refusing to predict any such depressing doom.

You felt hands wrap around your waist. At first, you yelped, surprised but then when you realized that they were in fact Steve's hands you sighed, relieved.

You slowly opened your eyes and you were face to face with Steve. You were so close, his breath could be seen on your skin. Small goose bumps were forming on your neck. A shiver went down your spine.

You put your hands on his shoulders and slowly lower yourself onto the ground.

You feet met a wet, slimy substance. You gulped not really wanting to look down.

It was cold, you knew that much but you could have guessed. Who would put heating on a floor, underneath a thick layer of ice and snow? Someone crazy probably or someone who had cash to burn.