Chapter 23

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THAT I WAITED THIS LONG TO UPDATE! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I have no excuses this time...It's just lazy writing on my part. I'm sorry that I let some of you guys down... :( 

******************************************************

Chapter 23

A couple weeks passed, and Blake was so busy preparing for battle that I hardly ever saw him. Because of that, today I woke up in a very glum mood. It doesn’t really help that most of the other servants avoid me like I’m the plague. Since the last time I talked to him, some good things have happened. One, I’m free to sleep in as late as I want. Isn’t that every teens dream? I also get to eat freshly cooked meals out of the kitchen instead of just stale bread. The best thing of all though, is my chores are limited. I have more free time to wander the castle and try to make friends. I say TRY because it almost seems impossible…

With the battle a couple of weeks away, I could feel anxiety creeping up on me more and more every day. At night, I lay in bed and think up possible outcomes of the battle and none of them are ever good.  One night, I even had a horrifying nightmare that Blake was killed…I woke up screaming and he was there shaking me. He held me for the rest of that night and I slept peacefully.

“Jasmine?” I jumped as Emma came up behind me. I’m currently sweeping the kitchen floor.  Jeez, why does she always appear out of nowhere?

I looked at her. “Yeah?”

“Blake wants to see you in his room.” She smirked and wagged her eyebrows at me. I felt a faint blush creep over me cheeks

“Really? Why?” I tried to wipe the blush off of my face which only caused her to giggle and set the broom back into the pantry.

She shrugged. “As if I would know. He just ordered me to come and get you. There was no room to ask questions.”

“Okay then…” I grinned at her and walked out and started walking upstairs to his room. What could he possibly want? What did I do this time? I hope he’s not about to give me my previous chores back…I’d rather get yelled at for something stupid. I knocked on his door hesitantly and stepped back.

“Come in, Jasmine.” His smooth voice said. The tone of it sent shivers down my spine and I pursed my lips before I opened the door and sauntered inside. “Shut the door behind you.” I did as he told me to and looked at him. His hair was in a mess as always. His blue eyes were glowing, a sign that he just fed.

“What did I do this time?” I mulled and I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him. He just chuckled.

“Who said you did anything?” he responded coolly.

“It’s not like you to ask me to come to your room for just a chat. So spit it out. What’s up?”

He laughed slightly and chills ran up and down my spine. Control yourself, Jasmine! “You’ve always had a temper. It amuses me. Don’t be so guarded all the time. It’s been a while since I’ve just talked to you.”

“Why would you just want to talk to me though?”

“Jasmine, I thought we were passed all this. We can get along. We have for a couple weeks now, haven’t we?”

“Yeah, I suppose…”

He sighed and stared at me and suddenly the expression in his eyes grew more intense and one corner of his mouth lifted up into a smile. “You’re my mate…I want to spend time with you before the battle. You never know what could happen.”

I felt my expression soften and I melted inside. He DOES want to spend time with me! I think this is the longest we’ve ever went without arguing. But there was also a sense of dread that was caused from his words…Anything could happen.  “I don’t really want to think about the negative possibilities…”

He sighs. “No one ever does. But you can’t just ignore them.”

I stared at him. A few weeks ago, I hated this man with a passion. That was without a doubt…But now, my feelings are becoming more clear and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. I’m not so sure I want to stop it anymore. “Yeah..”

He walked over to me, never taking his eyes off of me. I watched him closely. He came and stood right in front of me and we were chest to chest. Gently putting his hand under my chin, he lifted my eyes to look at him and he actually smiled at me…My heart fluttered in my chest and my hands grew sweaty. “I just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about…I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise.”

Wrapping an arm around my waist, he pulled me closer. Before I could respond, he pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly. You know the fireworks they say you get when the right one kisses you? They exist…But it’s more like a slow fire burning slowly through your body, starting at every single place you’re touching. All of this felt right…The moment I had been waiting for had finally come and I loved it.

Moving my arms around his neck and tangling my fingers into his hair, I pressed myself against him, and with a small smile and a blush covering my cheeks, I kissed him back with everything I had in me.

************************************************************

Sorry it's so short...I'm not sure that I completely like this chapter, but here it is. You guys deserve an update. I feel like removing this one, but it's completely up to you guys...Please comment and vote! I need to know what you guys think. Love you guys! Peace out!