chapter 12

"I'm not working today." I stated clearly and stubbornly with a glare on my face. He can't be serious. My sides still hurt and I STILL get headaches. "Jasmine stop. You're working today. Thats final." Blake said just as stubbornly. "NO!" "Yes." "Never." I growled and turned around. He let out a heavy sigh of frustration. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't make you work." Is he really that blind?! "Maybe because I'm still hurt. Yeah that sounds like a damn good reason to me!" I turned back to look at him. He had a cold calculating look on his face.

"Where do you hurt at?" "My head and ribs." I muttered. His face softened a little and I was shocked. It always suprises me when he lets down his cold hard facade. "Jasmine its been 5 weeks." "I know this Blake. I'm only human." I gave him the most pleading look I could manage.

"Fine. One more week. ONE MORE week and your back to work!" He said calmly. I smiled and resisted the urge to hug him. "Thank you!" "Don't take this personally." My wide smile faded into a sad one and I looked away from him. "Why do you always do that?" I whispered. "Do what?" "One minute you're saving my life and helping me out and the next you're telling me you don't care. If you don't care then why did you help me?" I refused to look at him while I was waiting for an answer.

"Its complicated Jasmine." He finally said. "I have all day for you to explain." "I'm not telling you. I CAN'T tell you." I looked at him with a scowl on my face. "I deserve to know." "No you don't." "I should be DEAD! I've heard about you my entire slave life!! You never cared for a slave! You would have let me die! You SHOULD have! But you didn't." I yelled until I got to the last sentence. My voice faded into a whisper. His bright blue eyes darkened to almost black and I flinched. "Get out!." he said coldly. I glared at him. "I'll find out eventually master!" I hissed and stormed out of the room.

For some reason I was angry he wouldn't tell me why he cared. I'm also hurt. A sudden urge to punch the wall surfaced. I seriously need to calm down. Damn vampire is messing with my emotions. There's no reason for me to be so angry about this. I leaned against a wall and took deep breaths slowly feeling myself calm down.

Why am I getting so violent? It shouldn't matter to me that he claims he doesn't care;That he won't tell me why he's saved me twice. He used to be so distant and cold. Now I've seen part of his soft side. Ever since that bite he's been different. He had a freaking fit after that bite.

I pulled away from the wall and finished heading to my room.

I already know that bite wasn't normal. I'm supposed to feel pain...not pleasure. I've told myself this a bunch of times. Yet...I still don't know why that happened.

I sat on my bed and racked through what I know about vampires and humans. Suddenly the answer came to me and I jumped to my feet with a cry.

No. No way. Its not possible. Why me? The answer makes so much sense though. I slid to my knees with a groan and started crying. Why him?

***********************************************************************************************************

Ok so I was supposed to post this last night but when I finally got around to where I could post it...I fell asleep. I'm sorry its late! But at least its something. I wonder what made her cry...oh wait! I already know!! lol. I'll post asap! Please vote, comment and (possibly) fan and maybe I'll post even sooner!! Peace out!