Chapter 18

Ok...So I have a few things I need to say before I get on with the chapter. I know I don't update often and as a writer, I realize how terrible that is of me. I'm writing 3 stories and I'm not even close to being done with ANY of them. Therefore, I'm going to try and update as much as I can without getting writer's block. So I PROMISE I'm going to try and update each story once or twice a month. Right now it's the best I can do. I leave for Falls Creek on Monday and I'll be gone until Saturday. And I work a summer sno-cone stand every day except for Sunday. I'm on a very tight schedule and I'm sorry I don't update enough...I owe you guys a big apology. I promise I'm going to try and do better. But all I can do is try...Now onto the story! :) I want at least 30 VOTES AND COMMENTS on this chapter. It makes me happy!!

Chapter 18

I stared at the wall with a scowl. Honestly, this seems to take up most of my time when I'm not sleeping or doing chores. I can't believe the jerk left me standing there like that! And I can't believe I didn't say anything to him after that! What kind of person just stands there like an idiot when a guy admits he cares...

I sighed. It wouldn't have done any good to say anything. He had said all he was going to say and I could tell he wouldn't say anything more about what he said...He's more stubborn than I am.

Suddenly a feeling of sadness washed over me and I buried my head in my pillow. I'm his freaking mate and he's all but rejected me...I guess I'm just not that pretty or something.

Memories flashed through my mind of the day I got caught. Ethan's cold voice when he told me it was over...the way he didn't chase me when I took off...If Ethan wouldn't have broke up with me that night, I'd still be living a good life. I wouldn't have the scars I have every where physically and emotionally. I wouldn't be so cold toward other people. I wouldn't wish my life was over every second of the day. And I wouldn't be here with an asshole who makes me want him without even trying to. My life is pointless.

What brought the depression on, you're probably asking? The sadness from having him as a mate has been building inside me for a while....And every day I realize how much he hates me. He said he cares but he's not going to do anything about it basically...and those words are what has me so sad. He cares but he's doing NOTHING about it!

Tears started rolling down my face and all of the emotions I've bottled came out and I started sobbing in a ball on my bed with my arms wrapped around my knees. My whole body was shaking with my cries and my chest was heaving painfully from crying so hard.

I barely heard my door open. "Jasmine?!" His voice made me cry harder and when I felt his hand on my shaking shoulder, I jumped away from him.

"Go away!" I screamed. I have no idea why I suddenly broke down like this but I can't stop.

"I'm not going away until you tell me what's wrong!" he yelled back.

I sat up and glared at him with tears rolling down my face. "As if YOU would care Blake!" I looked down crying really hard.

Blake was silent for a minute and then he said in a soft tone, "Jasmine...Stop crying for a minute and talk to me."

I laughed and it sounded delirious. "Talk to you Blake? When do you ever want to just TALK to me?!"

"Just LISTEN to me Jasmine!!" he yelled.

I stopped crying and stared at him in shock. "Now PLEASE tell me what's wrong with you?!"

Tears roll down my face and I look down. He wants to know why I'm crying? I'm so tired of denying the truth that I screamed it. "What's WRONG with me Blake?! YOU'RE what's wrong with me! I'm your fucking MATE and all you do is push me away! My entire slave life I always heard how cruel you are! They were RIGHT! And now I'm stuck with you as a mate! You don't even want me! To you, humans are just slaves. I'm so SICK of fighting off feelings that I can't help." I shake my head. "What makes it so much worse is the fact that one minute you act like you care and then the next, you're blowing me off like it's nothing! It HURTS! THAT'S what's wrong with me!"

I stared at him with my fists clenched and stood up and started to run out of the room when his hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me around to face him. My breath hitched from the close contact and I lifted my eyes from his chest to his eyes. He was glaring at me. "I DO care Jasmine! It pisses me off when you say that I don't!" He grabbed my other wrist and pulled me to where my body was pressed against his and I stared at him with wide eyes. "What you don't understand though Jasmine is the reasons I can't be with you!" My body slumped and I tried to pull away from him.

"See?! That's what I'm talking about Blake! 'Oh I care about you. But I can't be with you.' That makes no fucking sense!" I yelled.

He tightened his grip on my hands slightly and pressed me against the wall staring at me. "Being my MATE Jasmine comes with consequences! I have enemies! And as cliche' as it is, they WILL go after you if they find out you're my mate! And if you think you've felt pain before, wait until they get you! You'd be begging them to kill you! I don't want to do that to you! This world is dangerous..."

 I stared at him in shock and then shook my head. "Then PROTECT me Blake! We can't keep fighting this!"

His eyes flashed black for a second. "I can't Jasmine! I don't want you to get hurt because of me..."

 I stared at him with sad eyes and then put my face in his chest and whispered, "Please Blake...Don't do this anymore...At least be my friend Blake..."

He let go of one of my wrists and pressed a finger under my chin and gently lifted my face to look at him. I stared into his eyes sadly and he looked torn.

Slowly he leaned his head forward and pressed his lips to mine. A strong shock went through my body and then I relaxed and warmth replaced the shock. I started to kiss back when I froze.

What am I doing?! This can't happen! Not now! I pushed him away quickly and the connection was broken and the warmth was replaced with emptiness. I stared at him and whispered. "Blake I-I'm just not ready for that right now." I pushed him away from me and then opened my door and took off running down the hallways.

I ran outside past the gardens and into the woods. I kept running until I couldn't run no more. And when I looked around, I started to panic at what I saw.

***********************************************************************************************

Here we go!! Chapter 18 is now finished. :) This chapter was really hard to write...and I'm still not sure if I like it. I might delete it and write a totally new chapter. Let me know what you guys think! And remember. 30 VOTES AND COMMENTS before the next chapter! I love you all! xx Peace out!   (Oh and I'm sorry it's so short...I didn't have time to write much more because I have to go to bed for work. But I owed you guys something so here it is...)