Chapter 9

I never left the wall. No vampire or slave even tried to talk to me. For that I was thankful. I watched the dance uninterested when a small slim figure started its way toward me. I scowled until I realized it was Emma. She smiled when she got closer to me. "Hey." She said softly.

"Hey." I mumbled. Another slave I've never seen before, probably another vampire's, stumbled her way past us. She looked absolutely miserable. I watched her sadly as she stumbled where ever she was headed. "Its normal. She actually looks ok compared to how you should look." I looked at her sharply. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Emma smiled sadly. "Blake's personal slaves usually look really sick and they're usually really beaten up. You, however, look better than most slaves here. Every slave and vampire that look this way are shocked." I glared at her innocent childish face knowing just what she was implying. "Emma I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I mean absolutely nothing to the prince. So stop saying that got it?" I snapped.

"I wasn't saying that. I'm just saying that everyone knows that he's going easy on you." I rolled my eyes. "If he was going easy on me he wouldn't have drug me to this party." Now it was her that rolled her eyes and she didn't say anything until a few minutes later. "Well I have to go. I have work to do." she muttered and sauntered off back into the crowd. "Hey you. Blake's slave!" I looked towards the sound of the voice and sighed. It was a tall creepy vampire with blonde hair and green eyes. And the books say all vampires are attractive? Bullshit! While there are some, like Blake, that are drop dead gorgeous, there are also the ones that are ugly as hell. This vampire wasn't attractive and he didn't exactly look that bad either. But compared to Blake he was ugly.

Wait? Why I am all of a sudden comparing other vampires to Blake? 'I'm going insane!' I thought to myself. I hate his guts. Or do I?....YES Jasmine you hate him!

I blocked those thoughts from my head and looked at the creepy vampire. "What do you want?" He looked amused. "Is that any way to talk to your masters?" I scowled. "You are not my master. Blake is." He chuckled. "Ah yes. He may own you. But all of us vampires can use you for whatever we want." A chill ran down my spine and I swallowed nervously. "No you can't." I said calmly. "Do I have to teach you some manners?" He growled. "No. I have manners. I just don't feel like wasting my time with you." I hissed back. Suddenly he had a painful grip on my wrist and pulled me into his chest. I shuddered when I felt his breath lingering on my neck. I tried to pull away but his already tight grip got worse. I cried out. "Listen little slave girl. You're going to come with me without causing a fuss understand. If you do or say anything that makes anyone notice I'll snap your neck right then and there!" My heart started beating painfully fast as he pulled me out of the room. I prayed that maybe someone would notice and get help. After all it is illegal to hurt the prince's slave even though others got away with it all the time.

He led me into the quiet hallway and continued his way down the hall. "Stop!" I cried as he led me up the stairs. He stopped alright. But only long enough to slap me and knock my balance off. When we got to the top of the stairs he stopped and smirked at me. "Now. Are you ready to learn some manners?" I gulped. I thought he was taking me into a room not just to the top of the stairs. "Please?" I whispered letting my fear show. "Just let me go." He shook his head. "You smell pretty good. Not the best smell out there but you should be pretty good." He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me roughly into his chest. He wrapped one arm painfully tight around my waist making me moan and then he used his other hand to tilt my head. "No!" I cried as his teeth cut into my skin.

Not even a second later the terrible burning pain that came with getting your blood taken forcefully came ten fold. I was expecting the pain. What I wasn't expecting was how much worse it was. A piercing scream tore out of my throat. As another wave of pain hit me my knees gave out and I tried to scream again but all that came out was a choked cry. He kept drinking and I realized right then and there that he had no intention of stopping until I was dead. I opened my eyes that I hadn't realized closed and closed them again. All I was seeing was stars. Some part of me was hoping that Blake would come and save me like he did before. But this is my life. Not a story book.

'I have to get out of this!" my mind screamed. 'I'm not ready to die! I don't want to die like this!' Tears leaked from my eyes as the situation settled into my mind. There was very little chance I'd survive. But I'm not going without fighting. My body was starting to go numb.

I raised my hand heavily and swung it forward. The man suddenly let go with a cry and stumbled back. Naturally I would have fell because I had no strength to hold myself up. He'd drank way to much. Even if I managed to get away from him I'd die from blood loss. It doesn't help that I'm still losing blood. I stumbled back and grabbed the rail to hold myself up. My vision was swimming and it took everything I had to keep myself from passing out. I blinked a few times and my vision cleared some.

The man looked up at me from his position on the floor and glared at me viciously. "You little bitch!! You will pay for that!" He stood up and lunged at me. I tried to get away but he grabbed my arm. I stared at him with wide eyes. But I had accepted it. I was about to die. He suddenly smirked. "Sweet dreams little slave girl." For a second I had no idea what he was talking about.

His fist swung at my face and when it connected I stumbled backwards and fell...down the stairs. I screamed in agony as my head kept hitting the stairs on the way down. My entire body was in agony. Finally it was over and I lied at the bottom of the long stairway in a crumpled broken heap. I felt something warm in my hair and face. I attempted to open my eyes but it was too hard. Finally I fell into the darkness vaguely hearing the man's cruel laughter.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Jasmine!" I high pitched voice cried. "Wake up. Come on!" Pain. Everywhere. I cried out. "Jasmine!" the voice cried. It sounded really husky like she was crying. "Oh my gosh!" I attempted to open my eyes but failed miserably. Slowly I slipped back into unconciousness.

______________________________________________________________________________

"-wake up dammit!!" an angry voice roared. Once again the pain was unbearable but now I felt more connected to my body. I moaned but this time I managed to open my eyes. The first thing I saw was Blake's furious expression. But I could tell his anger wasn't at me. I blinked and looked around. What suprised me was that I was still at the bottom of the stairs. I didn't have to ask what had happened. I knew.

"Jasmine....what the hell happened?!" Blake growled. "He...attacked me." I managed in a hoarse whisper. I looked at him. "Who attacked you?" Blake said more calmly. "A..man. He had...blonde hair...and green eyes." I barely managed. "He drank from me and then pushed me down the stairs." Something flashed in Blake's eyes. I flinched. The anger scared me. I've never seen him this mad. "That bastard!" he hissed. "Let's get you to the infirmary." Suddenly I was being lifted gently into his arms and then he took off slightly running. I cried out because even the slightest movement hurt. "Sorry." he muttered. I wanted to ask him why he was so angry. Something was wrong with him. "How did you find me?" "I didn't. I heard screaming at the party though and knew something was wrong. So I sent Emma out to find you. Shes the one that saw you and came and got me. Its not hard to tell that you have a concussion. Your head is bleeding. You've also lost alot of blood." My head is bleeding? That must have been the warm stuff I felt on my face. A wave of dizziness hit me and I closed my eyes.

I did something then that I never thought I'd do. I relaxed into his arms and lied my head on his chest. I was way too tired and hurt to hold my head up anymore. For a second I thought he was going to tell me to move but he didn't and I passed back out. I'd be lying if I said that nothing changed between us that day.

*******************************************************************************************************************

So here it is! This is where all the action comes in! I'm trying to make it as un-cliche as possible but this was needed. This is the turning point! Hope you liked. Vote, comment and possibly fan! I hope this chapter doesnt suck!