Chapter 22

Heyy! I'm SOO sorry that this update is so late! I've been so busy lately with school and everything and when I AM home, I'm so tired that I can't come up with anything good...But here's a new chapter. FINALLY! I hope you guys enjoy! I loved the feedback and amount of votes and comments I got in Chapter 21. I also got  lots of new fans! Thank you guys! You would never believe how much I love you all! (Not creepily of course...) But anywaysss. Here's chapter 22! Please give me the amount of feedback I recieved in the other chapterr!

Chapter 22

His words echoed in my head over and over again. I was in a daze and I could feel Blake shaking me, trying to snap me out of it.

"Jasmine!" He snapped, his voice raising in desperation and irritation. "Answer me! What's wrong?? What happened?"

I looked at him with wide eyes that I knew would resemble a frightened child. One month....We have one month..."He's coming." I whispered. Nice one Jasmine...You sound like you belong in a mental hospital right now.

Blake frowned and sat beside me. "Who's coming?" I didn't really know how to tell him. I was afraid that he'd lash out at me in anger. His throne had been challenged...Something that hasn't happened in centuries. The prince is also the king. There is no vampire king. Just the prince...And to become the prince, you have to kill the one on the throne. Something that Blake had done so many years ago and no one ever dared to challenge him because of his merciless nature. His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Answer me! Who's coming?"

I pursed my lips tightly and whispered so softly that I knew he could barely hear me. "I don't know his name...The guy who attacked me..He wants the throne..He's attacking in a month if you don't give it up..." I wasn't going to be one of the girls who stupidly waited until last minute to say these things. You must really have a death wish if you do that. I looked at him, frightened of his reaction. He sat still, staring into the distance with an icy look that would seem to freeze anyone in its path.

I don't know how long we sat there in silence before he finally spoke. "How do you know this?" A part of wanted to be angry that he doubted me but maybe he's just trying to piece things together...

"H-he came here and threatened me..Threatened us.." I said really quietly and looked at him. He turned his icy blue eyes onto me and I flinched away from him.

"He threatened you..?" he asked softly. I was at a loss for words for a second. Of everything I had said, that's what he caught? I could only manage to nod. His eyes darkened. "He will regret this. He'll regret ever messing with me and ever messing with you. I swear it. When his forces come, I'll be ready and we'll attack head on. This is over and it hasn't even started yet." The coldness in his voice kept me from doubting him and left no more to debate on over the subject. An awkward silence stretched out before us.

Then I remembered that we had been fighting and I frowned. Do things always have to be this way between us? Surely, we can't keep this up. I understand that he's mad because I ran away from him and got hurt, almost killed...I had made him open up and then I had ran away. I realize now how stupid I had been. I wanted him and then I had told him I was not ready...I don't really understand why I ran away. I just know that I did. In the beginning, it's with no doubt that we had hated each other with a passion. On any normal circumstances, I would have died within the first month. But things did not play out this way...I'm his blood mate.

I finally managed to say it to myself...Finally accepted the truth. My hate for Blake had become something else that I fear...Something that I don't understand. It's not love. It's not hate...It something more than either of those things and it scares me. I had only known this for a short time and my feelings for him were getting stronger every day.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled quietly, breaking the silence. Blake looked at me and examined my expression.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked. His tone wasn't angry. It gave me the courage to continue.

"I'm sorry that I ran away...I had forced you to open up and then I pushed you away. It was stupid..I'm sorry." I whispered.

He stayed silent for a few minutes. The silence almost killed me. "Why did you run away?"

"I was..I AM afraid. I don't know how to take this all in...I don't want you to push the feelings away...And I'm afraid because I've never felt this way about someone before and it scares me because I don't know HOW I feel." I admitted hesitantly.

He smiled slightly and my breath was knocked away. He's so gorgeous when he smiles..."I learned that you just have to go with it. We can fight this all we want Jasmine, but in the end it won't matter."

I pondered over his words and smiled slightly. He was right. We're both stubborn as hell and I know that the fight will continue, but in the end we both know the results. "You're right...So, am I forgiven?"

He chuckled slightly. "I forgive you. I was never really angry at you, to be honest. I was more angry at myself for letting you get hurt."

"I was the one that ran away..."

"And I was the one that let you." His tone left no room for argument so I just let it drop and smiled at him. He didn't really smile back. It was just a crooked half smirk, but I guess I have to take what I can get.

My gaze trailed to his lips and I felt myself blushing as I remembered my dream. Sometimes, I wish dreams WOULD come true and that this peace between us would last forever.

Sorry it's so short! I need to get more into building their relationship. Please vote and comment! Love you guys!