Chapter 19

Trees. Trees were everywhere and there was not one sign of which way I had come from.

Letting out a scream of anger and frustration, I tried to go back the way I had come from. I looked at my surroundings as I walked, trying to see anything familiar that would take me back to the casle. it was pointless. The forest seemed to swallow me.

Finding a fallen over tree, I sat on it and looked around. 'Well isn't this just great?', I though sarcastically. 'I'm lost in the forest after running away and if I'm ever found, Blake will skin me alive.'

Why did I run away anyway? I mean yeah...Blake, the heartless vampire prince, kissed me. That, itself, seemed like a dream. He hates me! 'Obviously, if he's kissing you, he doesn't hate you.' a voice in the hopeful part of my mind whispered. I scowled. He's made it obvious that he doesn't want to be with me. 'Oh just forget about him and worry about your current problem!' my mind snapped.

I looked at the sky. Peering in through the canopies of threes and my heart skipped a terrified beat. The light was getting darker and night is coming. Why is that a bad thing, you wonder? Well let's stop for a minute so I can give your innocent little mind a look into the forests of this world and what happens at night.

Spiders, the size of a car or bigger, watch from the trees, waiting for some unfortunate creature to wander into its trap. When one does, it rips them apart mercilessly and feeds on it. Birds, easily the size of a human or larger, swoop down from the trees and carr you off and you're never seen again. If you're not careful, you run into the Choke Vine and it wraps itself around you and suffocates you slowly, crushing all of the bones in your body. Rats the size of wolves run in packs of 3 or 4 and they attack and eat their prey alive.

Then there's the werewolves...No, these are not like any you've read about or seen on t.v. These wolves are merciless. As humans, they're thieves, people who have no sense of wrongdoing, and they will kill you faster than you can say, "Help!", if you don't give them what they want. Their packs are usually ten or more people. As wolves, they see everything as prey and have the minds of a wolf. They attack their prey and ruthlessly eat it, dead or alive. They hunt at night. You don't want to be one in the path of a wolf, 'cause there is always more than one around. You'd never survive.

Think those are terrifying? Well there's many more out there.. A human in the woods at night is a goner. And here I am. Lost and alone. And night is slowly throwing its shadow over the forest.

This is the moment where I wish I had a phone or some way to ask Blake to help me. I also wish I wouldn't have been stupid enough to end up here in the first place.

I walked in one direction, avoiding as many plants as pssible, hoping to reach the castle. It never happened. If anything, I just got more lost. It seemed to get darker every second and my heart pounded frantically in my chest. Please let me get to the castle, I pleaded silently over and over in my head.

As night fully submerged the forest in darkness, my panic became gut-wrenching fear. I couldn't see anythiing more than 2 feet away from me. Slowly, I sat down on the grass under me and tried to quiet down my breathing and heart rate. I sat as still as possible.

A loud rustling behind me made my heart skip a beat. Stumbling to my feet, I took off running. I tripped over roots and vines. I couldn't see anything and I had no idea what I was running from. I just knew I had to run. I could hear the sounds of my pursuers fast approaching me.

I tried to run faster when something slammed into my side roughly and sent me sprawling onto the ground with a loud cry of pain.

**********************************************************************

Hello lovelies! This is a short chapter. Bleh. I wrote it out by hand and every time I do that, it ends up short. So sorry. Please vote, comment and fan! I love you guys! For this chapter, I'm looking for 40 votes and 40 comments and I'll update soon after you guys reach my goal. Thanks for reading! Love you guys. xX Peace!