Chapter 1

~Jonathan's pov~

"Batcoon, we have a break in on 23rd AVE. downtown. Save Money bank. Get down there quick!" My partner Luke, also known as CaRtOoNs, informed me. I made my way quickly towards the location he told me. When I reached the bank sure enough there where people in there.

There were ten guys in all black. Some loading money in a bag and the others keeping the hostages down. I noticed a young boy cowering down next to what I believe is his mom. He was crying and I knew I needed to get him out.

I quickly shifted into my raccoon form and found a way inside. After getting inside I made sure the guy wasn't looking before I made my way over to the boy and his mother. She gasped quietly and held her boy closer to her.

"It'll be okay." I whispered. "I'm going to get your boy out." She nodded and released him. I told them the be quiet. I motioned for the boy to follow.

I led him over to where I got in and motioned him to crawl through the little opening. After making sire he was put and safe I silently made my way back to where I left his mom. I saw something fly up near the ceiling and instantly knew who it was.

Night Owl.

I rolled my eyes and made the coast was clear before I snuck over to the boys mom.

"He's safe don't wor-"

"Hey! Let these hostages go!" This idiot. I looked towards the owl that was shifting to a person.

"What are going to do about it little birdy?" A man scoffed. Night Owl cracked his neck and walked towards him.

"Kick your ass is what." He jumped at him and tackled him to the floor. While he fought the guys I took that as an opportunity to get as many hostages out as possible.

There were about 20 hostages left when a guy stopped me.

"Where are you going little guy?" He smirked before bending down and trying to pick me up. I quickly shifted into my human form and jumped at him. I tackled him to the floor causing the gun he was holding to glide across the floor away from him. I pinned him down. Being bigger than he is made it a little bit easier.

"Hurry go!" I yelled to the remaining hostages. They scrambled to get up and stayed low so they wouldn't be caught by the other robbers.

While I was distracted on making sure the hostages got out the man underneath me took that as a chance to knock me of him and reach his gun that was flung away from him.

"Now you've done it!" He went to take a shot, but I transformed to my raccoon form and dodged the bullet. I bit his ankle causing him to drop his gun. "You little-!"

He picked me up by my tail. I struggled to get free but did not avail.

"Need help little coon?" Night Owl punched the dude and he dropped me. I shifted to my human form and tripped the guy who started to stumble backwards.

"I didn't need your help." I stated glaring at him.

"It looked like it to me." He smirked and looked up at me.

"Run along little birdy. You weren't needed." I smiled and looked down at him.

"Looks like I was because I was the only one doing something." He mumbled and crossed his arms.

"Your 'doing something' is making sure all eyes are on you. Atleast I saved lives. All you did was punch some people." He glared at me.

"I saved the hostages." I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't. I did. I got them out and got them to safety." He unfolded his arms and pushed me. I didn't move very far with me being taller and stronger than he.

"I distracted them!" He yelled.

"Sure you did." I turned and started making my way out.

"Get out of there now! The cops are making their way inside!" CaRtOoNs screeched into my ear.

"Don't walk away from me!" He grabbed my arm and turned me around. "I'm talking to you."

"And I'm dome with the conversation." I yanked my arm from his grasp and shifted into my raccoon form. I quickly made my way to the escape hole and ran out.

I ran down a backally towards my hideout. I hid before shifting back into my human form and made my way down the beach towards the dock. I walked feeling the sand squish beneath my feet. The water a bright blue that complimented the sand.

"Hey daydreamer, nice of you to join me." Luke said as I approached him.

"Yeah." He gave me a worried look.

"Did it show up again?" I sighed and nodded. "He doesn't do anything. He just needs to not." I laughed a little.

"You got that right." I sat down next to him at the end of the dock.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Just give me a minute." I stretched and relaxed. "Alright. Lets go." He nodded and stood up.

We walked off the dock and under it to where our hideout was.

"Ladies first." I said bowing and motioning Luke ahead of me.

"Such a gentlemen." Luke replied in a high pitched voice. We laughed and he walked in first.

"Luke. You should make me some fooooood." He laughed.

"Alright. I'll make something." I smiled and went into the den. I looks at all the T.V.'s that littered the walls. I noticed the one that contained a picture of the front entrance also included Night Owl waiting outside.

"Damnit." This is going to be hell.