Chapter 21

~Jonathan's pov~

I woke up warm and comfortable. My arms wrapped around a body. I shifted slightly only to hear a groan of protest.

"Stop moving." Evan mumbled. I stopped moving and held still. "What time is it?" He asked huskily.

"About 10:30." I answered back. I felt him shiver. "We should start heading back soon."

"You're so comfortable. Jesus Christ." He mumbled and sighed.

"We're leaving today and the guys are waiting for us." I whispered to him. He shivered again and huffed.

"Fine." He sat up until he straddled my waist and he leaned over and fell on the floor.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Will you carry me?" He asked looking up at me with pleading eyes. How could I say no?

"Yeah, I will." His face beamed.

"Oh my God, thank you." He layed flat on the floor again.

"Come on, stand up." I slid off the couch and stood up. I held out a hand for him. He grabbed it and I helped him up. "Jump on my back."

He walked behind me and jumped. I caught him on the back of his thighs and hoisted him higher.

"You smell good." He mumbled.

"Let's go." I walked to the door and held a firm grip on his thighs so he didn't fall.

I took one hand off to open the door and started walking down the path to the campsight.

He head fell onto my shoulder and his breath fanned my neck slightly. He's so, sweet, in the morning. Like a little kid.

I soon heard him snoring softly while I continued to walk down the dirt path. I admired the trees and everything that's around me.

The trees bright green, with different types of trees blended together making the air smell of trees. Brightly coloured flowers littered the ground around them, mixing in with their smell to compliment it. The only sounds heard were Evan's light snoring, my footsteps, and the birds chirping. It's calming and relaxing walking through here.

A heard a whimper escape Evan's mouth as he shifted slightly. I tried to turn my head to look at him, to make sure he's okay, but couldn't because his head rested in the crook of my neck.

"Stop, please." He whispered quietly. I stopped and waited. "Don't hurt me." I felt my heart slightly broke at his words.

I felt wetness on my neck and made the connection that he was crying. I brought him to where I was still holding him but he was in front of me. I held up his head so I could see his face. Sure enough, there were tears streaming down his face while his eyes stayed closed.

"Evan?" I whispered to him. He whimpered again. "Evan, hey. Wake up. Come on Evan." He slowly opened his eyes.

"Jonathan?" He croaked out.

"I'm here." More tears fell from his eyes and his arms tightened around my neck. He smiled slightly and... hugged me?

"Thank you." He whispered.

"For what?" I asked confused. He sniffed and looked at me.

"For being here. I'm sorry I was so mean to you. Can we move past that?" He pleaded.

"Of course we can." I smiled at him and he smiled back. He rested his head back on my shoulder. "We're almost back to the guys." I told him as I continued walking.