twenty - drunk (part 2)

TRIGGER WARNING IN THIS CHAPTER
Also ik the gif isn't calum but it's how i picture this chapter

Maely sprinted through the halls of the AT&T Stadium at a faster pace than she'd ever run in her life. She didn't know where she was going, or even where she was. She had left a yelling Luke behind miles back, and she figured that he had given up on trying to chase her down.

She had checked every single room in the entire building - flung open doors to find empty rooms, and knocked loudly on knocked doors and called out for Calum. He was never there.

Maely found herself curled up in a corner, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her head there, trying her very hardest not to cry.

Maely was so worried about Calum. She knew that he didn't care about her, but she couldn't help but worry excessively over him - especially now. He could be anywhere by now. He could be dead, for all she knew. God, that made things worse. Maely didn't know what she would do if Calum was gone for good. She didn't think that she'd be able to function properly, knowing that she would never see his face again.

The thought alone brought tears to her eyes, and that's how Maely knew that she was falling hopelessly for Calum Thomas Hood.

Maely's thoughts were finally brought back down to earth, and she was aware of her phone vibrating in her back pocket. She whipped it out quickly and pressed it to her ear, hoping desperately that it was Calum calling to tell her that he was okay.

"Maely?"

Maely let out a frustrated sigh, running a hand through her long hair. "What do you want, Luke?"

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

"You're seriously worrying about me at a time like this?" Maely couldn't believe that he was wasting his time on her when Calum was out there, potentially injured.

"Well, when you ran off like you did, we all got pretty worried." Luke admitted. "Maely, you didn't even speak when security ran in - hell, you freaking pushed past them. You just bolted towards the stadium. It was scary to watch."

Maely's cheeks tinted red, and she was glad that Luke couldn't see her. "I got worried - I still am. Have you found him yet?"

"Not yet." Luke sighed. "We've set up a search party. Ashton and Michael have taken some cars and gone around town looking for him. I'm just walking around the stadium looking for him. Security's all over the place. Where are you?"

Maely looked at her surroundings; she honestly didn't know where in the stadium she was. "Somewhere in the stadium. I don't know where."

"What does the nearest sign say? I'll come find you." Luke said.

Maely stood up quickly. "No, it's fine."

"Maely, you shouldn't be walking around here by yourself."

"I'm fine, Luke. I want to look for him alone." Maely admitted. She knew that if she found him, that Luke's presence would ruin whatever encounter they had. He would just make Calum more upset, and she knew that it was best for her to try and find him alone.

"Maely-"

"Luke, please."

Luke let out a loud sigh. "Fine. But don't be out too late, okay? I'll ring you when we're all heading back."

"Sure. Let me know if you hear anything." Maely walked around the corner, looking for something that could lead her to Calum.

"You too." Luke replied bluntly, before hanging up.