twenty-three - feelings

READ VOICEMAIL PLS

The following day went by quicker than Maely expected.

Neither she or Calum woke before midday, and by the time they did, the buses were already on their way to the band's next stop - New Orleans. Maely was extremely thankful that they were finally leaving Dallas behind, and hoped that it meant that Jaxon would stop following her.

However, due to Calum informing them about the previous night's events, security was now on high alert - this meant that it was now mandatory for at least one security guard to be watching Michael, Calum, Luke, Ashton and Maely at all times, and to approve of anybody who came to see them privately. And, as if security weren't enough, Calum refused to have Maely leave his sight at any time unless she was going to the bathroom - at which time he'd wait outside the door anxiously until she was finished.

It made Maely feel uncomfortable having so many eyes watching her, but at the same time it felt nice that there were people actually looking out for her - something she'd experienced very little in her lifetime, and was extremely appreciative of.

"What movie do you want to watch next?" Calum asked softly, his hand stroking through Maely's long hair, her head tucked away in his chest as the pair cuddled on the couch.

They had the whole bus to themselves, with a security guard and driver as the only other two people onboard. The other three boys were located on the bus that was traveling in front of them, and they hadn't seen the pair since the previous night, when Calum had brought home a distraught Maely.

"Hmm..." Maely hummed against Calum's strong chest, the sound vibrating deep within him. "I don't know. What do you want to watch?"

Calum chuckled lightly. "It's your choice, baby girl. I chose the last one."

Maely felt her heart race at Calum's new nickname for her, but tried her best to conceal it as she traced patterns and shapes onto his t-shirt covered chest.

"Well, the Batman Trilogy is pretty hard to beat." Maely laughed lightly before looking up at the tanned boy. "Why don't we watch something comedy?"

"Comedy it is." Calum reached forward for the TV remote, selecting the 'comedy' genre section. "Superbad, 21 Jump Street, the 40-Year-Old Virgin, We're The Millers-"

"That one!" Maely cried out quickly, pointing at the screen. "We're The Millers."

Calum nodded, pressing play on the movie title before bringing Maely closer into his chest, both of his arms wrapped comfortably around her.

"You're smothering me." She giggled, but refrained from fighting the affection.

"You love it." Calum stated the truth with a smirk.

"Wait, before you play it, I have to pee." Maely broke away from the boy's embrace, jumping up quickly.

Calum instantly paused the film and jumped up beside her. "Okay, let's go."

Maely sighed, giving the boy a tired look. "I'm only going to the bathroom, Calum, it's literally ten metres away. Probably less."

"What if something happens to you?" Calum pointed out, a worried look on his face. His argument was ridiculous, and he knew it, but he felt far too anxious letting the girl out of his sight.

"Nothing's going to happen to me!" Maely threw her arms up in frustration.

"But what if something does?" Calum pressed, despite how thoroughly it was annoying the girl.

"Then I'll call out to you," Maely said. "You'll be able to hear me from the couch. I can scream loud."

"That's not the point." Calum huffed, crossing his arms over his chest like a small child would when they didn't get what they wanted.