twenty-two - jaxon

READ VOICEMAIL PLS

"J-Jaxon?"

"Well done, Maely." Maely could picture Jaxon's evil smirk, and it made her heart race even faster.

"W-What's going - w-why do you - what?" Maely stumbled over her words, tears already pricking at her eyes. She could feel her hands becoming clammy, and beads of sweat had formed on her forehead.

"I can see you." Jaxon whispered, followed by an extremely evil laugh. "That's right; you're in Dallas. In fact, you're right by the door in McDonald's - look behind you, someone's trying to get around you."

Maely spun around and, sure enough, a middle-aged man dodged around her and out the door. Tears of fear streamed down Maely's face. "What d-do you want!? Why a-are you here again?"

"Oh, Maely, I never left." Jaxon tutted. Maely froze in shock. "I've been watching you since you were in LA. And I was about to get you back, too, until you got up and left with some stupid boyband. I followed you to Phoenix, then Denver, and now I'm in Dallas. And I will be getting you back before you disappear again."

"J-Jaxon, please just l-leave me alone." Maely stuttered, glancing around in all directions to try and locate where he was watching her from.

"Maely, listen." Jaxon sighed. "I'm sorry for everything that happened when we were together, I really am. I just want to make things right."

"I don't want to be with you anymore, I thought I'd made that clear when I left." Maely explained, her voice small.

"I just want you to make sure you're safe, and the only way that I can do that is if you're with me. I want to protect you." Jaxon reasoned, but Maely knew better than to believe him.

"I am safe," Maely sighed. "If you really love me, you'll leave me alone."

"I can't." Jaxon argued. "I need you, Maely. I need you back; and I'll get you back."

"Jaxon, please." Maely sobbed.

"I'll find you." He spoke coldly. "No matter where you are, I'll find you. I always do."

And, without another word, the line went dead.

Maely's mouth was dry. Her chest hurt, and her head was spinning. Her heart was beating at an unhealthily rapid pace, and she swore the walls were closing in on her. Her throat tightened, and soon it became impossible to breathe. She felt like she was drowning in her own sweat, and she didn't know how to stop it.

Fumbling with her phone, Maely manages to click on the first contact that came up, and soon the call went through.

"Maely?" Calum said breathlessly. There was noise in the background but Maely didn't pay any attention to it.

Tears were streaming down Maely's face, and people were giving her strange looks, only adding to her anxiety. "Calum," She gasped for air, but it was no use. "P-Please... pick me up. I-I'm at... McDonald's..."

"Are you okay?" He asked hurriedly.

"No," She sobbed. "P-Please h-hurry."

"Do you want me to get security to pick you up?" He asked quickly.

"N-No," Maely shook her head, though he couldn't see her. "I-I want you. I-I just n-need you."

"Okay, okay." Calum was slightly shocked at her words, but he went along with it nonetheless. "I'm coming, okay? Stay where you are. I won't be long. Okay?"

"Mhm." She whimpered, afraid that if she spoke she'd only cry harder.

"It'll be okay." He assured her quickly, before she hung up.