|[prologue]|

April 17th 2014
****
Typical Ellen. She wasn't answering her phone. The same old routine. Her and Luke got into another big fight and now Luke was expected to pick up the pieces and apologize. The fights had gotten more frequent and petty lately. Luke was furious, this fight was different than all the other fights they had though. This one seemed more real and defining. It made it clear to him that they were bad for each other. But then again, they were good for no one else.

Luke had been driving around in the rain for hours now, trying to clear his head, but the more he drove around, the angrier he got. Usually Luke would let Ellen cool off for awhile after a fight, but not this time. If he wanted to save his relationship, if that's what they were calling it, he needed to see Ellen right now. "Where is she?" Luke yelled bursting through the unlocked door of Ellen and Nicole's shared apartment. He was enraged looking frantically around the apartment for her.

"She's gone Luke," a tear covered Nicole turned to face the 6 foot 4 linebacker. Nicole was a spitting image of her sister. They both had dark brown hair, Ellen's was shorter though. It barely reached past her shoulders. They had the same almond shaped blue eyes. And they both were extremely short, neither of them reaching past 5 foot 5. Nicole and Ellen were nearly inseparable ever since they were little. Their parents divorced when Nicole was 7 and Ellen was 5, it created a bond between them that could never be broken. Nicole knew everything that happened between Luke and Ellen as if it were her own relationship.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Luke asked finally stopping his search and rubbing his hands through his dark curls sinking against the apartment wall, realizing that the argument they had was more definite than he had thought. He hit his head against the wall, Nicole didn't answer him. "I'm going to find her, I have to find her," Luke said jumping to his feet. He went out of the apartment as fast as he came in it in search of Ellen. His body may have been running but the only thing running through his mind was how bad they were for each other, but good for nobody else.

As Luke drove along he began to think back to the beginning and wondered where him and Ellen went wrong.

Here is the very first part of my new Luke Kuechly book! I know it's short but I will update soon! Be sure to check out my other books