|[cheers]|

****
September 7, 2013
****

Ellen was pacing the apartment trying to calm her nerves. She had been running around trying to tidy everything up in the place to make it look cleaner. She fixed the pillows, straightened the end table, stacked magazines, wiped down the counter. The apartment was plenty clean, Luke didn't like a mess, but that was the only thing Ellen could think to do to calm herself.

She began wiping the counter down for the third time. She was halfway through when she caught a glimpse at the ring on her engagement finger. If the sun captured it just right in the light it could be blinding. Luke had done such a good job picking out the ring. The band was gorgeous, with diamonds going all the way around it, leading up to a large diamond in the middle. Ellen spent her free time looking at the ring, the ring represented her future and she could practically see her kid's faces in it.

Ellen peaked up at the clock

Ellen peaked up at the clock. Where the hell was Luke? His practice ended over a half an hour ago. He clearly wasn't as nervous as she was or he would have been home by now.  His parents were in town for Luke's first game of the season tomorrow. She still hasn't met them yet, due to the accident. Just thinking about it made her heart race. She wondered if Luke was this nervous before meeting her mom, but then again chicks loved him. Ellen rolled her eyes at her fiancées sly remark.

She finally heard the jingling of keys in the lock and let out a sign of relief. Her linebacker walked in the door and threw his bag in the corner. "How was practice?" Elle asked, finishing washing the countertop.

"Good. It was just s walk through," Luke explained. Ellen was learning football terms and that meant it wasn't a full practice. She nodded her head.

"Are you ready for the big game tomorrow?" Ellen asked. A wide grin spread across Luke's face. He was like a little kid on Christmas Eve. He started walking to Ellen across the kitchen. He reached her and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist from behind.

"I'm so excited," Luke said. He kissed her cheek between every word causing Ellen to laugh. "I'm more excited for you to see the game though," Luke whispered in her ear. Ellen turned in his embrace and faced him. His brow was sweaty and his hair was a mess, but to Ellen he was perfect.

"I can't wait to see you play," Ellen stood on her toes to reach his lips. She lightly kissed them before going back down to her normal height. She wriggled free from his grip and tried to escape to their bedroom to get ready but he pulled her back. "Luke stop. I have to get ready," she laughed. She was still wearing sweatpants and did not want Luke's parents to see her like this. His muscular arms wrapped back around her and he threw her over his shoulder. Her butt was in the air and her head was hanging halfway down his back. "Luke!" She laughed.

"Are we interrupting something?" A woman's voice giggled. Luke quickly put Ellen back in her feet.

"Mom! Dad!" Luke said going to the door. Luke must not have locked it when he got home.

"How are you son?" Tom, his dad, asked.

"I'm great. How was your flight?" Luke asked. They flew in from Ohio just to watch their son play football. Luke described his family dynamic to Ellen before. He said they were all so close, causing her to be envious.

"It was good," his mom answered. She was exactly how Luke described her. She had brown hair, about the length of Ellen's. She was tall and Luke had her eyes. She was gorgeous. Eileen looked past Luke and saw Ellen standing there sheepishly, waiting for the introductions to be over.

Ellen could hear her heart beating quickly. "You must be Ellen. It's a pleasure to finally meet the girl who stole my son's heart," Eileen said going to Ellen now. Ellen held her hand out to shake his moms, but she ignored it and went straight for a hug. Luke was always a hugger, she wasn't surprised his mom was the same way. With the hug, Ellen's fears instantly banished and she felt welcomed into the Kuechly family. She should have known they would be nice to her, someone had to teach Luke to be that way.

"It's an honor to finally meet the people that raised the love of my life. I've heard so many great things," Ellen blushed. Luke smiled at her, he had dreamed of her meeting his family for months now. "I'm going to go get ready, so we can go out," Ellen said flashing a smile before going down the hallway. She cussed Luke out under her breath, she could have been ready if he wouldn't have been fooling around.

They arrived to the restaurant they had reservations for right on time. Ellen sat next to Luke and across from Tom and Eileen. "Ellen, how are you feeling?" Tom asked in reference to the accident.

"I'm feeling great. It doesn't hurt to much anymore," Ellen replied. Luke's hand had a tight grip on her exposed thigh.

"We were so sad you guys couldn't make the trip. Our hearts ached for you. We loved you even without meeting you yet," Eileen said between sips of her iced tea. Ellen smiled. She truly felt at home around these people. They were such a polite and caring family. She wondered if all families were like this if they weren't split up.

"So what are your plans for the wedding thus far?" Eileen asked.

"Just really small. Only close family and friends. Nothing extravagant," Ellen answered leaning back in her chair.

"But elegant and classy," Luke corrected her. His mother smiled. The waiter brought over a bottle of champagne.

"I propose a toast. A toast to Ellen joining our family. Ellen, I've never seen my son smile as brightly and genuine as he is tonight. You bring out the best in him. Cheers to you two, now and forever," Tom said holding up his champagne glass. Ellen smiled and nuzzled her head into Luke's shoulder.

"Cheers."

She finally met his parents! Let me know what you think! Also if you love Julian Edelman as much as I do, make sure you check out my new book AMNESIA!

25 votes and 9 comments for a quicker update 😘😘😘

P.S. I was not aware his mom's name was Eileen when I named Ellen 😩