|[coffee]|

****
August 10th, 2012
****

"I'm going to work!" Ellen shouted to Nicole from the door of their apartment. She was running late like usual, by now her boss expected her to be late. Ellen was still in college but her summer job was waitressing at a nearby café, The Bean. Classes were starting up soon so her hours would be cut down quite a bit.

She parked in the front of the café like always. She was just about to open the door when a familiar voice stopped her. "Ellen!" Luke Kuechly said rushing up behind her. Ellen rolled her eyes before turning on her heels to face him.

"Yes, Luke?" Ellen asked.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked.

"I work here," Ellen said. She pointed at her black t shirt that had a coffee bean in the corner of it.

"Oh, right," Luke said sheepishly running his hand through his messy curls and smiling. "Well you know what tomorrow is?" Luke said suddenly excited.

"No?" Ellen lied. She checked the time on her phone in her hand. She was really late now.

"August 11th? The game I got you tickets for?" Luke said trying to jog Ellen's memory.

"Oh! Right," Ellen trailed off. She ran a hand threw her shoulder length hair and repositioned it to her shoulders.

"So, are you coming?" Luke asked. He was so persistent. It threw Ellen off to see that someone cares so much.

"Luke.... I don't know," Ellen said crossing her arms.

"I don't think you will come," Luke said.

"I didn't say that," Ellen said almost offended. She hates being told what she was going to do.

"Then prove me wrong," Luke said throwing his hands in the air with a smug smile on his face.

"Ughhhh I've gotta go," Ellen said pivoting on her foot and turning back towards the café. Her shift was long and boring. Barely anyone came in so she just sat around until the bell above the door rang, indicating that they had a customer. Ellen looked up from her magazine to see Luke walking through the empty restaurant towards her. She rolled her eyes as she tucked her magazine away.

"Hello Eleanor," Luke said extending the r at the end. He sat down directly in front of Ellen. 

"Hi Luke," Ellen said in a monotone voice. "What can I get you?" Ellen asked whipping out her notepad to take his order.

"I just wanted to see you," Luke said.

"Luke, stop," Ellen said harshly.

"Stop what?" Luke asked. He looked up from his hands that were folded on the counter with an eyebrow raised in confusion. His eyes stared deep into Ellen's dark brown eyes and it sent a chill down her spine, making her feel vulnerable. Ellen shook her head as to shake the feelings away.

"Nothing," Ellen said turning around to face the kitchen. She grabbed the dirty dishes tub that sat on the counter and took it to bus the few tables that had been used throughout the day. Luke spun around in his chair to face her.