|[forever]|

December 27, 2013

****

Ellen tapped her fingers rhythmically against the countertop. Her long bare nails making the sound louder. Luke was in the living room of the apartment scrolling through his phone, checking his upcoming opponents stats. She was looking through the 'Bridal Binder' that her mother made her for Christmas. It was filled with dresses, color schemes, venues, meals, flowers, shoes, anything needed for a wedding was in this binder. Ellen pushed the binder aside, as it tended to stress her out just thinking about the extravagant wedding her mother expected. "Luke, let's go do something," Ellen said, leaving her spot in the kitchen. She found a new spot crouching behind Luke and draping her arms around his neck. Her words tickled his neck, her hot breath instantly pulling his attention away from his phone. He grabbed at her hand that was around his neck and pulled her around the chair into his lap.

His large hand protectively covered her growing baby bump. He touched her stomach all the time, assuring her that he was happy she was pregnant. "What do you want to do?" He asked tilting his head towards her so that their foreheads touched. His eyebrows wrinkled together, causing Ellen to laugh.

"I don't know, anything to get away from that binder," she answered, motioning towards the kitchen where the large book sat, still opened.

"We're bored. You're stressed from wedding planning. I love you. Let's go get married," Luke said slowly, conducting his plan. Ellen's wide eyes lit up.

"Today?" she asked loudly. Luke couldn't tell what was going through her mind.

"Yeah, why not?" Luke said shrugging his shoulders.

"I can't think of anything better. Just me and you. Simple. I knew there was a reason I chose to marry you," Ellen said rubbing her nose against his.

"Are we going to do it?" Luke asked, tightening his grip on Ellen's stomach. Her legs lay over the arm of the chair.

"I think we should," Ellen said nodding her head excitedly. She stood from the chair as quickly as she could.

"Hey, why are you in such a rush? City hall isn't going anywhere?" Luke said standing up right behind her. He reached for her hand and pulled her into his chest.

"I have waited this long to start my forever with you, I can't wait much longer to marry you Luke August Kuechly," Ellen said nearly out of breath from getting up so fast. Luke's eyes lit up.

"Eleanor, you're my world. Let's go get married!" Luke said rushing off to their bedroom to find a dress shirt and khakis. Ellen found a white dress hanging in the closet, it fit a little snug but she didn't mind. It didn't matter what she was wearing when she got married, as long as Luke was the one standing next to her.

***

The courthouse didn't allow for Luke and Ellen to come up with their own vows. They signed the marriage license, and were told that they were officially married. The newly married couple were told congratulations and sent on their way.

 The newly married couple were told congratulations and sent on their way

"I have an idea," Luke said. His left hand was guiding the car through every curve in the road with ease as his right hand covered Ellen's. She turned her face to see him. Her husband. It felt weird to say that Luke was her husband, but it also felt right. This was the only man she ever felt loved by and loved back. And she wanted it to stay that way.

"What is your idea?" she asked in a soft voice. She looked delicately and peacefully beautiful as the sun was beginning to set in front of her.

"I'll surprise you," Luke said mischievously. Ellen thrust her head back against the headrest. Waiting was never something she was good at. She didn't like not knowing what was going through Luke's head, she wanted to know everything.

The drive continued on and the sun officially disappeared. Luke pulled into the same parking lot he did over a year and a half ago. "What are we doing here?" Ellen asked.

"Just follow me," Luke instructed as he got out of the car. He covered Ellen in his jacket, sparing her body from the winter winds. Luke led her to the picnic table they sat on the night they watched fireworks over the lake. Luke pulled Ellen to a stop at the edge of the shore. He stood across from her an reached for both of her hands. "Since we didn't get to say our vows at the courthouse, I thought I would take you back to the spot of our first date and we could say them here." Luke slid her engagement ring off of her finger, before beginning his vows.

Ellen's cheeks filled with color just thinking about how sentimental her husband was. Everything with him had a meaning or a special memory.

"Ellen, ever since I saw you in that crowded tent at the Panthers Gala, I was intrigued by you. The way you denied me time and time again made you even more desirable. But the more I pestered you, the easier you became to say yes to me. You've told me your biggest fears and let me be there for you to help you through them. You've let me be your biggest cheerleader, watching you get your college degree. You've been my best friend, my love, my soulmate, my everything. As life continues to throw us curve balls, you've been my rock. Thinking about you being a mother gives me goosebumps. Not because I'm scare, but because I know you will do amazing. Ellen, I love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life making memories, good and bad, with you," He said as he slid the ring back on her finger. His eyes were glassy, and gleamed in the moonlight. Ellen wiped at her eyes before beginning her speech. She let out a little chuckle.

"Lucas August Kuechly. Today is a prime example of life with you. Filled with surprises and adventure. When I woke up this morning, I didn't think I would be getting married today, but here we are. I'm going to be honest with you, when I first met you I thought you were just another football player. But the more I got to know you, the more I got to see the kind of person you were- sweet, caring, funny, compassionate, protective, sensitive, respectful. You surprised me with your personality. I've spent my whole life building up walls to protect my heart, but in just one year you destroyed those walls. You helped me grow as a person and learn the meaning of love. You were the first man I loved that actually loved me back. You've taken my heart and treated it as your own. You are the love of my life, as cliche as it may sound there is no better way to describe how I feel about you. I love you with every being in my body and I know this is only the beginning for us," Ellen gushed. She pretended to slide a wedding band on Luke's finger, since they didn't have time to go buy him one.

Luke pulled his wife into him for the kiss that traditionally followed the wedding vows. His muscular arms wrapped completely around her. Her hand sat comfortably on his cheek as the other draped around his shoulder.

The real fireworks from their first date may have been gone, but the spark they ignite was still present and was just getting started.

What did you think?! You guys know I love feedback. Remember, no updates until 25 votes and 9 comments! This book is winding down pretty quick. Maybe 2 or 3 more parts! Also check out my new book Rants and Raves to get my opinion on all things sports!