Preference #10: He Calms You Down From a Panic Attack for @moony_and_padfoot

He Calms You Down From a Panic Attack

Pete: everything was getting to be too much. You couldn't stand the way that Megan kept talking badly about you to Pete. She knew you could hear her every time, but you usually tried to ignore it. But tonight, you couldn't anymore. Megan was right. You weren't good enough for Pete. You were upstairs, in the bedroom the two of you shared, packing a bag. You couldn't stay here. You had to leave. Before Pete found out. "Y/n?" Pete called. You felt afraid, and gasped through your tears. Pete entered the room and looked at me. "What's wrong?" He demanded. "I..." "Y/n, where are you going?! Why are you packing? Are you leaving me?!" He cried. "Pete, it's okay." I said. "Now you can go back with Megan." "You can't leave me!" He shouted. "Pete-I can't stay-I'm not good enough-" "is this about what Megan said? Are you really leaving me based on that?!" Pete demanded. "I-I-I-" I was breathing much too fast, much too hard. I gasped over and and over, but couldn't slow it down enough to breathe correctly. "Y/n? Baby?" Pete asked. I felt almost lightheaded. "Y/n!" He cried, coming and taking me into his arms. "Baby, calm down. Calm down. Shhhh. Deep, long breaths." He soothed. A few moments later, I was calm enough to lean against him. "Baby, you are good enough. Don't ever think you're not." Pete said in my ear. He kissed the top of my head. "Okay." I agreed.

Joe: You tried to make your boyfriend Joe breakfast-you'd come over last night crying after a bad day at work, and he'd let you spend the night. You wanted to make up for it, so you attempted to make his breakfast. But it wasn't working out well. After dropping the fourth spoon, you were crying quietly. But when you accidentally burned your hand on the stove, you cried out and then began to breathe very hard. You couldn't believe how bad you were doing. Maybe your co worker was right, you were worthless. You were having a panic attack and you knew it, but couldn't stop it. You eventually collapsed to the floor, still unable to breathe. "Y/n!" Joe yelled from the doorway. He ran over and laid me down in the floor. "Baby, look at me. Look at me. Calm down, baby. Calm down. It's okay. It's okay." He said. Once I was calm, he picked me up and sat me on the counter, and he turned off the stove and attended to my burn wound.

Andy: Andy didn't know you at all. You were driving to work and then a car hit yours and you were sent into the road. The other driver didn't stop, and you were left on the curb with a destroyed car. And the knowledge that you could died just then. You were staring at your car, completely alone in the snow, crying and gasping for breath. You could've died. You could've died. Someone stopped and hurried over to you. "Miss?" He asked. "Miss!" He saw what was happening-a panic attack-and quickly grabbed both my arms. "Ma'am, calm down. You're okay. You're just fine. Breathe. Just breathe. Focus only on breathing, okay? You're alright. I'll take care of you." After he calmed you down he gave you his jacket and bought you a coffee. You learned his name was andy and you told him what yours was. Then he took you home, and you agreed to go out on a date with him later.

Patrick: you had panic attacks very often. Patrick knew it, and he knew exactly how to calm you down. So, when you began to gasp, breathing too hard and too fast, and then got lightheaded and sick, Patrick would take you and hold you very close. Then he would sing. He would sing one of three songs. Alone Together, Sugar, We're Goin' Down, or What A Catch, Donnie. They always calmed you down, and then he would hold you and kiss you and tell you how much he loved you until you were totally relaxed.