two

Luke wasn't sure how to start a conversation with the boy of 16. Maybe he should introduce himself? Or maybe he should sit down like a normal person.

"Hello Michael," Luke began, taking a seat all the way on the opposite side of the couch that Michael was on.

Michael didn't respond, his eyes staying glued on the screen of the television in front of the two. Luke didn't know what to say after that, so he just turned towards the television that Michael seemed so interested in, and tried to take an interest in it himself. Unfortunately, Luke wasn't one to ever take a liking for Teen Mom, which meant he had to fixate his attention back on Michael.

"We can be friends, you know," Luke said, attempting once again at a conversation with the blonde on the opposite end of the couch. 

Once Luke realized Michael wasn't going to speak to him, he just sighed and turned back to the t.v. After about 7 minutes into this show that Luke really could not get into, Michael turned to him. Luke saw him in his peripheral vision, but decided to wait and act like he didn't notice Michael until he spoke. 

"Do you like Teen Mom?" 

Luke was nearly relieved when Michael spoke. He never knew that sitting in silence for nearly 10 minutes with the only sound coming from the most dramatic show in the world would be so God awful.

Luke turned to him and shook his head. "No, but I assume you do?"

"Not at all," Michael chuckled, grabbing the remote and changing the channel to what looked like Cartoon Network. "Mom had that on before I came in here. I'm a big Amazing World of Gumball guy."

"Me too. I may be 25, but my age doesn't mean I can't be a kid at heart," Luke smiled.

"Sorry I ignored you a little bit ago, I was still pissed at my mom for hiring a babysitter. Guess it isn't your fault, you're just here for the money, right?" 

"That was the plan, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends in the mean time."

Michael sighed. Funny how people only liked him because he got drunk with them or if his mother hired them. Truth be told, Michael hated being lonely. That's why he got intoxicated out of his mind every night, so he could be fun and people would want someone like him to be around them. But he still felt so extremely empty, even when he had all of those mindless friends surrounding him. Maybe Michael just craved the one certain affection he never got. Maybe all of the friends in the world didn't satisfy him, because he wanted love. He wanted a love that left him more intoxicated than any alcohol ever could.

-

how are y'all feeling about this?