six

"Do you want to play truth or dare?" Michael suddenly asked, sitting their bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and looking to Luke. Luke had only been at Michael's for about an hour, Mrs. and Mr. Clifford stating they'd be gone only for around 5 hours in total. 4 more hours with his favorite person.

"Why not?" Luke shurgged, facing Michael. "As long as you don't force me to do dares. I'm not a dare type of person." Michael didn't figure the older boy was.

"Okay, you first then. What's your favorite animal?" Michael simply asked.

"Oh, you're kidding. Save the small talk, Mike. Give a real question," Luke said with a chuckle.

Michael thought for a minute, and finally came up with one. "Are you excited for Christmas?"

"Even though Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet, yeah I am. I'm more of a Halloween guy myself, but Christmas is full of happiness and joy, and it's nice to see this horrible world flip around for a short period of time each year. What about you?"

"Eh, I like getting presents," Michael shrugged, making Luke smile.

"Okay, truth or dare, Michael?" Luke changed the subject.

"Dare, duh."

Luke had to think. He hoped Michael wouldn't say dare, even though he knew he would. Luke was terrible with coming up with dares. The worst dare he could possibly come up with was for Michael to lick the coffee table. What fun is that?

"Um, I dare you to try to do the splits?" Luke knew it was such a rebellious dare, but he also knew Michael couldn't do it.

But Michael shrugged and placed himself on the floor, spreading his legs. He began to lower himself, and went probably not even an inch down before he began whimpering. Luke chuckled, ushering him on, but Michael insisted he couldn't do it.

He got to his feet and wiped the nonexsistent sweat from his forehead. "You're welcome."

"Oh really?" Luke smiled amusingly.

"Yeah, we all know you wanted to see how I could do the splits for future references," Michael winked at Luke. All Luke could do was laugh.

"Yes Michael, that is exactly why I dared you to do the splits."

Michael sat back on the couch, his and Luke's legs brushing. Michael dipped his hand into the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table that they had while they were watching The Rebound on Netflix, grabbing a whole handful and shoving it in his mouth.

"Truth or dare," he said, bits of popcorn shooting out of his mouth.

"You know it's truth."

"Alright. What's your sexuality?" Michael had been dying to know this since he met Luke, even if this was only the second time they've been together. It wasn't like he wanted to know for his own guilty pleasure, but just because he needed a friend who understood him in this category.

Luke cleared his throat. "I don't like talking about it." 

Thinking of his sexuality brung back all the wonderful high school memories. That's why he never thought about it. That's why he never thought about getting a mate, or looking for one whilst being out with his friends. They always pressured him into getting one, or tried to, but Luke always rejected the subject. He didn't care to find one anymore, due to all the things he had to deal with during the four worst years of his life.

Luke felt uncomfortable. Luke never even thought about this topic for more than the set amount of time with his friends bugging him, but now that he was forced to, the thought of this attractive 16 year old boy sitting so close to him made him sick to his stomach. 

"Oh c'mon! I'm gay, so you should feel comfortable with whatever you are," Michael insisted, resting a hand on Luke's knee. Luke knew it was supposed to be comforting, but he wanted to remove it.

"Um, me too. But anyways," Luke gulped, turning his head to the right so he wouldn't have to face Michael and think what was threatening to come to mind.