fourteen

The next time Michael woke up, Luke wasn't beside him, and he also had the blanket he used last night snuggly wrapping him up. It didn't bother him; maybe he just dreamt that Luke was ever cuddled up behind him anyway. Or maybe he didn't, he couldn't be sure.

Michael stretched his limbs out, his head slightly off the arm of the couch and his feet pushing against the arm on the opposite side. He then swung the blanket off and his long legs over, resting his hands on the soft material of the bage couch as he pushed against it to help himself up due to his limbs being weak as they always were when he first woke up.

He stood up and stretched yet again, this time a yawn escaping his lips. He let his eyes linger across Luke's living room, to the neat book shelf on the far right and the computer screen and desk right next to it. His eyes travelled to Luke's coat rack by the door, three out of four of the hangers being taken up by Luke's black hoodies.

He was amazed at how clean Luke's home was; given Luke was a 25 year old man who looked to live alone, he assumed Luke would be of the same messy style as Michael. He didn't see how he didn't notice Luke's unusual tidiness last night.

He decided to try and find Luke, wherever he may be in the house.
He unsteadily walked towards the hallway, his legs wobbling as they were weak from just being awoke. When he came to the entrance of what looked to be the kitchen, he walked in, hoping he'd find the tall blonde boy.

And finding the blonde boy he did.

Luke sat at a table, a mug of what Michael thought to be coffee in his hand. His hair was a bit tousled; it was apparent he had just woken up a bit before Michael, 10 minutes, give or take.

"'Morning sunshine," Luke smiled lazily, tired blue eyes reaching up to Michael's.

Michael returned the smile, trudging over and taking a seat in the chair beside Luke's. "Good morning."

"Theres a pot of coffee, if you drink it. I can't go a day without it," Luke said to Michael, offering him what Michael had guessed correctly on what he had.

Michael nodded, humming. He didn't really drink it, he never really had.

A short moment of silence was shared between the 16 year old boy and the 25 year old man. Neither knew what to say and both were tired. Luke had a headache, but he wouldn't admit it, because that would mean he would've admitted he was drunk last night, and that wasn't a lose he was willing to take.

"So, what do you want to do today? If you want to do anything, I mean I can just take you home if you'd like, either way it's fine with me. Do your parents know you came over? I wouldn't want them to be worried about you. I know they'd be worried about you, because you sneak out a lot. Wait, did you sneak out to come over here? Oh my god, I'm betraying the kid I babysits' parents!"

Michael gave Luke a quizzical look, and decided to lie since Luke was already stressing enough. "No Luke, they knew I was coming to hang out with you. Are you always this on edge when you wake?"

Luke shrugged, sipping on his mug. And Michael decided he wanted to go on a walk.

"Can we just go for a walk? Through the woods or something? I'd like to clear my head."