nineteen

Michael hesistantly strode behind Luke; he couldn't believe what he had just done. He wasn't thinking, he wasn't in the right state of mind.

The fact that he had just followed Luke all over town; he couldn't believe this is what his mind had set to do when he found Luke. There are so many things Michael regretted about the whole situation. What if he got Luke fired?

Luke's long legs strode quickly across the floor, looking as if they were the things finding their way to the men's restroom, not even Luke. Michael followed behind him, ready to talk it out.

"Luke, Luke I'm sorry," Michael began, but when Luke flipped around with fury blazing in his eyes, Michael could have cried.

"You're sorry? Sorry doesn't even begin to make up for what you just did. Sorry doesn't let everyone who had seen just un-see what just happened. What the fuck were you thinking? You are 16 years old, what even made you think it was okay to kiss a 25 year old? Nothing about that was okay! I told you how my past wasn't so well with my homosexuality, and you just waltz up in here and kiss me in front of everyone?"

Luke was so close to Michael that Michael felt the drops of saliva spit onto his face with each word that came out of Luke's mouth. Michael felt so small as Luke towered over him. Michael shrunk a little in his own skin; he had never seen this side of Luke. This was a side he didn't think he'd ever see either.

Michael remained quiet; what was there to say? An apology isn't enpugh for Luke, so there really wasn't anything he could say.

Luke seemingly realized how close he was to Michael and backed up a few steps, pressing one flat hand on the sink beside him, leaning against it with his whole left side. He looked back up at Michael, seeing the tears brimming his eyes. His whole mood vanished at the sight, the boy semed 10x smaller than he was, his height just shrivelling.

"Michael..." Luke began again, but Michael was gone. The echo of the wind the impulse of how hard the door was swung caused was the only thing Luke heard.