Heaven and Hell; Chapter Seven; The Promise.

Knowing I was the one who had beat up Noah, I felt bad for him. It had to be done, obviously, but I still felt terrible. Heaven walked up to me, slowly. She looked up into my eyes. "This doesn't change anything." She told me, sounding cold - hearted. I felt my heart slump to an all time low.

I tossed and turned constantly that evening trying to get to sleep. I had a feeling she was off with some other guy, sleeping with him. It made me want to pull out my phone and call her to tell her how much I love her. Infact... I did. "Heaven, I love you so much. If you look up right now, into the sky, all the stars out there, I love you more than that. I was so stupid for saying those things to you. I know you'd never have anything to do with Noah. I'm so sorry, Heaven.. Please, come home." I hung up the phone, feeling depressed. I missed her so much.

I heard car tires come to a stop on the wet gravel infront of my house. It was dark. "How did it get this dark so fast?" I asked myself, looking around. I heard a familiar sound then after; a cough. I felt my heart light up. "Heaven..." I whispered to myself. I ran to the door. Hearing the familiar footsteps on the concrete steps made my eyes light up with joy. A knock at the door sent piercing exictement down my spine. "Izzy?" I heard her voice whisper. I ran to the door and threw it open. "HEAVEN!" I screamed as I surrounded her in a warming embrace. "Oh my god, Izzy. I'm so sorry.. I can't do this without you." She mumbled, under her tears. "Don't be sorry, Heaven. You were right. I was overreacting. I'm sorry." I told her, stroking her hair slowly.

When I woke up the next morning, I noticed burns on Heaven's arm. "What's this?" I asked, grabbing her arm. "Ow. It's nothing" She protested. "Obviously it's somthing. Did you burn yourself?" I asked, staring into her eyes. I don't know what it is about Heaven, but I can always tell when she's lying to me. "No." She mumbled, pulling her arm out of my grip. "Heaven, please be honest. Did you burn yourself?" I asked, sounding serious. She nodded, as a tear fell on her burns. "Ow." She whispered. "But why?" I asked. "I missed you, Izzy. I felt that I had no way out of this." She told me, tears of sadness streaming down her face. "Heaven, can we make a promise? Right now?" I asked, looking into her bright green eyes. She nodded. "Promise me you'll never ever do that again." I tested her, taking my eyes away from hers. I could feel her body slump against mine. "I promise, Izzy."

 I woke up the next morning to my beautiful girl, rummaging around in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for us. I got up, and dragged my body into the kitchen. "It's okay, babe. I can do this." I whispered, as I hugged her from behind. I felt her body relax in my arms. "I love you, Izzy." She whispered. "I love you too, Heaven." I told her, turning her around. I stared into her eyes, and before I knew it, I could feel her lips against mine. It made me feel happy. This was where I belonged.

I knew she was sick. Very sick. She'd stare off into space, looking completely horrified. She'd always yell at things that weren't there. It made me worry. I watched her stare, for the 4th time that day. "Heaven.. What do you see?" I asked, trying to pull her out of her trance. She blinked, and quickly looked away. "It's nothing.." She whispered, as she went back to drawing. I stared at her, waiting for her to confess to me. Nothing. "Alright.." I sighed as I got up and walked away. "Iz.. It's.. Him." She told me, her eyes filling with tears. "Him? Who?" I asked, turning around to look at her. "My brother.." She whispered.