Chapter Four

I was laying on the ground with the world moving in slow motion all around me. I couldn't hear or see anything. The pain was just to unbearable to move. My bones began to shift and crack in ways I didnt think were possible.

I was just laying there waiting to die when I realized I wasn't in pain anymore. This was weird because it seemed like just seconds ago I was feeling like I was gonna die.I looked around and realized I wasn't seeing things like I normally would. I looked down and saw paws. I went to scream but a yipe came out instead.

No way. This was seriously not happening to me. The realization hit me. I was a wolf. I was all white. Theres no way I could be a wolf this beautiful. I felt giddy all of a sudden.

This is what my parents meant when they grilled me about being different. Thats the only conversation I remember because they spoke to me about it so much. Even before I could walk they were always saying, "Being different is a gift Lucy. We dont ever want you to forget that." That was their famous one. Always saying it to me up until the day they died. I was going over it in my head thinking about how they knew and expected me to be different. I realized that I missed my parents so much.

***

I was just walking around and i realized it had become dark. I should wait a little longer to go home. I wanted to make sure that Bob was in bed beefore left. He was probably drunk and there was no way i was going to walk inside naked with him wasted.

***

I decided a few hours later that I should head home. I had school tomorrow and I kinda figured I wouldn't be in any pain now.

I was walking the way home sense I just had a feeling that I was going the right way. I got to the house and thanked the lord that all the lights were off. They probably didn't even realize I was gone all day. Fine with me.

I turned back into my human form and walked inside. The door was unlocked so I went and ran for the bathroom. I took a quick shower and realized I hadn't eaten anything all day so I went to the kitchen and got food. After I ate I went to my room and fell alseep.

***

Throughout the night i woke up and realized I had dreamed about Kyle. For some reason, I couldn't get him out of my head. All I seen was his face. His Long wavy brown hair. His sea blue eyes. His lips. GOD! Why was I thinking about his lips? I couldn't stay asleep for more than a couple hours without waking up and realizing I had been thinking about him.

The last time i woke up I realized I needed to get up and get ready for school. I groaned and rolled out of bed. God, im so not a morning person.

I was at the coffee pot getting a cup of coffee when Terry said, "Where were you all day yesterday?" She seemed very annoyed.

Uh Oh. I dont really have an excuse ready.

"Umm. Well, I was kinda sick yesterday so a friend drove me to her house sense she knew no one was home here and she stayed with me. I fell asleep and didn't wake up till late. Sorry." I said innocently.

"Yeah. You should be sorry. I could have used your help with the kids." she said angrily. "No more partying with your friends after school. COME STRAIGHT HERE!" And with that she walked away leaving me standing in the kitchen shocked.

God, I wish i could just leave.

***

I got to school and was looking for Kyle so I could apologize for yesterday. He was no where. I went to my locker to get my book and walked to first class. I was almost there when the girl who ran into me yesterday walked in my path.

"Excuse me." I said politely.

She just looked at me and dind't say anything so i went to walk around her but she moved with me.

"I just want to get to class Okay?" I said, getting annoyed.

"I just wanted to tell you to stay away from Kyle. He's far out of your league and is never going to be interested in you." she said evily.

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. I mean, what am I supposed to do? He helped me. I really hated mean girls like her.

***

I got to chemistry class and looked over at my table to see Kyle staring at me with an expresionless face. I was kinda worried he was mad.

I looked at him and smiled. He just stared at me with the same look on his face and then he said, "What happened to you yesterday?" He said it like he was truely worried.

"I, Um, Just needed to be alone for a little bit." I said. "I'm sorry I just took off like that."

Mr. Clark decided to walk in at that moment and started class. He talked about cells but i was only half listening and i could tell Kyle was too. He kept looking over at me every so often and i could tell that the girl who warned me to stay away from Kyle was staring daggers at me.

I turned around to look at her and she mouthed "stay away" and I rolled my eyes.

***

The bell rang and I ran out to go to my next class before Kyle could stop me. This day was turning out to be not the best and i realized that it was gonna get worse when i walked into my second class and seen Kyles "stalker".