Chapter Five

"I warned you about staying away from Kyle." She said snotily.

"He's my chem partner. It's kinda hard to stay away from him." I said a little harshly.

What can I say, I was kind of getting annoyed with her threats. Shes been on my case before i even walked in the school and im getting sick of it.

I went to walk around her to sit in a desk but she wouldn't let me pass her. I could feel myself getting angry. I knew something would happen if I didn't control it and just as i was about to scream at her to move an old plump lady with red cheeks and a nice face walked in and said "Mary.Can you take your seat please?"

So her names Mary. Huh.

She rolled her eyes at the teacher and walked away.

The teacher looked at me then and said kindly "You must be Lucy."

I was shocked and stuttered, "Um. Y-y-yeah. Im Lucy Porter."

"Well. It's nice to meet you Lucy. Im Mrs. Kane. You can sit right in that desk next to Courtney." She said pointing to a desk in the middle next to a girl with a nice smile and blonde hair.

I sat down next her and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Lucy." Courtney whispered to me.

I smiled even bigger and said, "You too."

I can tell I was going to like this class except for the fact that Mary was in it glaring at me the whole time.

***

The bell rang ending the class and I was packing my stuff up when Courttney looked at me and said sweetly, "You can sit with me and my friends at lunch if you want."

I smiled at her and said, "Sure." She was the type of girl to make people smile. I liked that about her.

***

We were walking to the commons together and she looked at me and said, "I don't mean to snoop but are you good friends with Kyle Camden?"

I was shocked she was asking me about him but I answered her kindly. "No. He just helped me yesterday."

"Oh. People are saying you guys are a couple."

"Ha. No. I just moved here. And I barely know him."

She smiled and i realized we had stopped at a table with 3 other girls and 2 guys.

She looked at me and said, "Guys, this is Lucy. Shes new. Lucy, This is Meagan, Court, Adam, Leslie, and Amber."

Everyone smiled at me and said hey and i did the same.

I sat down next to Courtney and looked at everyone. Meagan had dark hair and a pretty face. Court had straight long brown hair and he was pretty cute. Adam had curly brown hair and was also pretty cute. Leslie looked like a model. Her face was beautiful and she had long beautiful blonde hair. Amber, I seen, was Courtney's twiin. They were identical.

I was sitting there talking to everyone when i felt someone staring at me. I turned around and saw Kyle looking straight at me. I turned around quickly and couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Looks like Kyle has a thing for you." Someone said.

I shook my thoughts away and realized Court was talking to me. I said, "No. He was just worried yesterday. I kinda freaked him out. And plus. Isn't he dating Mary?"

Court laughed and said, "No. They dated off and on for awhile but their over. Kyle said he's not interested in her anymore."

"Didn't I tell you to stop gossiping?" Meagan said teasingly and smiled up at him.