Chapter Ten

"Hey. Long time no see mo-cha-cha." Court said to me when I sat down at the lunch table.

I smiled at him.

"Yeah. Courtney and I have been kind of worried about you." Leslie said in a quiet voice.

"I'm sorry guys. I've just been-"

"Boo!" Kyle yelled in my ear, cutting me off.

I turned and glared at him and he just laughed and sat next to me.

"What's goin on guys?" He asked everyone at the table.

Everyone smiled and just shrugged.

"So. You're the one who's been stealing Lucy from us." Courtney states, staring curiously at Kyle.

I stiffled a laugh behind my hand. He looked totally calm.

"Um... I wouldn't call it stealing. More like hanging out and stuff."

I knew what his "stuff" meant. I rolled my eyes at him while he smirked at me.

It was so awkward when we brought the groceries in the house. His mom knew what we were doing, I could tell. She acted polite but I knew she felt weird about disrupting our moment. She asked me if I was going to stay for dinner and I agreed. It was even more weird sitting with his parents at the dinner table. We ate our food in silence only talking every so often when Mr. Camden asked about the pack. After we ate, Kyle drove me home and disapproved of my living situation which we got into an argument about and i stormed out of his jeep with him calling my name.

"Lucy!" Someone shook me and I came back to the present. I mentally shook myself and seen it was Courtney. Everyone at the table was staring at me so I just smiled.

"Um. Huh?" I asked.

"I said... Do you want to go get some food with me?" She asked me impatiently.

"Um. Sure."

She looked at Leslie, Meagan and Amber and said, "You three wanna come with?"

They agreed and I told Kyle that I would be right back. He just nodded and turned his attention to Court and Adam.

"So. You and Kyle?" Courtney asked, giving me a cocky look.

I smiled and said, "Yes. We are together. Kind of."

She looked at me with a questioning look in her eyes and when I turned to Leslie, Meagan, and Amber, they had the same look.

"What?" I said with a little annoyance.

"Nothing. It's just. He looks at you like you're more than just "kind of" together." Courtney said using quotation marks with her hands.

She had no idea.

"So. What are you getting?" I asked all three of them.

We returned to the table with food on our trays.

Kyle looked at my food and picked a few fries and put them in his mouth.

"I bought them for you." I told him, shoving the box towards him.

He gave me a quick kiss and started eating the fries. I smiled at him and started eating my salad.

***

"So. I wanted to talk to you about something." Kyle said to me as we were driving towards his house.

"Oh yeah." I said, looking at him. "And what would that be?"

"Well. How do you feel about moving in with me?" He asked looking at me with pleading eyes.

My jaw dropped and I shut it again. "I would think that would be a bad idea."