Chapter Seventeen

Everyone left at midnight and I could tell Kyle was exhausted. I didn't know it was this bad. He was so worried about the pack and those stupid hunters. I looked over at him on the couch and he had his face in his hands.

"Hey. You wanna head to bed?" I asked quietly.

He looked up at me and gave me a tired smile. "I'll be up there in a few. I have to finish some stuff first."

I nodded my head and went over to him to give him a quick kiss. "I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too."

He grabbed my hand and gave it a quick squeeze and I walked upstairs and fell asleep.

***

I sat up with a start and realized I was breathing hard and sweating. I could feel something wrong and my first thought was Kyle. I looked over and seen that he was fast asleep. I sighed with relief and got out of bed. I tip-toed out the door and downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and next thing I know im on the floor with everything slowly going black all around me.

***

I woke up and I could instantly tell I was no longer in my house. I looked around and I was in a small bedroom. The windows were barred. I got up and went to the door. It was locked.

"Hey!" I yelled, banging on the door as hard as I could. "Let me out!"

No one answered and I tried to push the door open with my werewolf strength. I tried and tired until my shoulder was staring to hurt. I looked around again and seen there was a bathroom. I went inside the tiny bathroom to see there was a tiny window that was just above the toilet. I walked over to it and it wasn’t barred. It was too small for me to fit through but not my wolf if I squeezed.

Before I could turn, I heard the door of the bedroom open.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I heard a gruff voice ask.

I walked to the room and looked at the guy. He looked to be in his early forties and had a scruffy beard covering his face and eyes that looked angry.

"Here!" He said, bending down and sliding a tray of food towards me.

He stood there for a minute and when he realized that I wasn't going to eat it he started walking towards the door and mumbling something like 'ungrateful dog'. I just rolled my eyes and sat on the bed.

I laid there waiting for night to fall so I could get out of here. There was no clock so I would have to rely on my wolf senses to tell me what time of night it was.

*

When it was around midnight, I perked my ears to the side and listened to movement and noise. I didn't hear anything so I knew this was my chance. I went to the bathroom quietly and broke the window before I turned. I hurried up and turned and heard noise. They must have heard the window breaking. I rushed to squeeze through the window and got out just in time.

I was running as fast as I could but then I felt pain shoot through my shoulder. I yelped but kept running.

After awhile of running I was getting weak. I knew I couldn't stop cause those guys were probably chasing after me. But if I didn't stop and rest for a few minutes I knew my body would give out and it would be worse for me.

I laid down in a small den. I was only going to lay here for a few minutes and then I had to go.

Awhile later I woke up to noise drifting towards me. I heard a few gruff voices. I started to panic and then made a run for it. I was going as fast as I could and I could hear the men shooting at me again. I picked up my speed. I lost them. I was too fast for them but it was only a matter of time before they caught up to me.

After running for a few miles, I realized I was in familiar territory. I was just on the outskirts of our territory. I made a run for it and stopped right in front of the guesthouse door. I had no more energy to move so I collapsed to the ground.

Someone must have heard me because a few minutes later I heard the door open and someone yell to another person to get Kyle. I saw someone take off towards the main house and then someone picked me up. They laid me on the couch and covered me with a blanket. I looked down as best as I could and seen that I had turned back into human form without even realizing.

"Where is she?!?" I heard a voice yell.

"In the living room laying on the couch. It looks like she's been shot in the shoulder and leg. She's lost a lot of blood." Someone else replied.

I had my eyes closed but instantly knew kyle was bent down next to me because of the tingles he was sending through me. They weren't as intense as usual but I knew it was cause I was weak.

"Lucy. Baby." Kyle said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Who did this?"

I was way too exhausted to reply. I couldn't even open my eyes.

"Amelia, will you take care of her?"

"Of course." A soothing voice replied.

"Chris! Let's go!"

I heard footsteps running towards us and Kyle bent down again. I felt his breath on my face. He kissed me on the lips hard and I kissed him back as much as I could.

"I'm going to find who did this to you." Kyle growled.

He kissed me again and then I heard him get up and a few people following him and then the door opened and shut.

I felt cold and weaker (if that was possible) without him.

I was shaking and I felt someone crouch down next to me.

"Shh. You're going to be okay." Said the soothing voice from before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Sorry its short. I kinda just wrote it sense I felt bad for not updating in awhile. I usually write the chapters ahead of time but I've been so busy with other stuff and writing chapters for my other story that I havent had time. But I hope youlike it.

Dont forget to vote and comment. The more I get, the more I will update.

Thankyou
Ronnie<3