Chapter Twenty

“Lucy.”

I was being shaken and groaned because I really didn't want to get up yet.

“Lucy. Wake Up.”

I heard a familiar chuckle and groaned again. “Kyle. Let me sleep for like five more minutes.”

“Nope. It's time to get up.” He chuckled again and I opened my eyes to glare at him. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired.” I said, pulling the covers over my head.

“Yeah. Well, if you get up you'll wake up.”

He pulled the covers off me and kissed me on the cheek. I looked at him and pouted. He laughed quietly and kissed me on the lip quickly.

“Now get up.” He said. “I have a surprise.”

“You always have a surprise.”

“I know.” Then he got up and walked out of the room. I followed him with my eyes and noticed that he was all dressed and looking amazingly hot. He had nice fitting jeans on and a dark blue fitting polo shirt on. I sighed and got out of bed.

I took a long hot shower. I closed my eyes because it was so relaxing having the hot water hitting me but then I had a flash of the night I was kidnapped. I didn't realize that I remembered until then. I haven't thought about it. At least I remembered now.

I got out of the shower and put a sun dress on. It was supposed to be nice so it was perfect to wear. I walked out of the room and went down the stairs. It was super quiet so I went into the kitcheen and saw Kyle at the counter drinking coffee.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled.

“They went out to breakfast with my grandparents.”

I gave him a worried look and he laughed it off.

“Don't worry. My dad talked to them and they finally accepted Joseph.”

I sighed in relief.

Kyle came over to me and kissed me. I pushed my body closer to him and rapped my arms aroundhis neck.

I pulled away slightly and said, “I remember Kyle.”

He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

“I remember the night I got kidnapped.”

He gave me a sad smile. “I was kinda liking the idea that you didn't remember.”

I raised my eyebrows and him and opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I was too shocked.

“Lucy. It was a terrible thing for you to go through. I didn't want you to remember because I didn't want you getting hurt.”

I gave him a sad smile and said, “Kyle. You can't protect me from everything.”

“I can try.”

I looked at him for a second and then I kissed him.

I pulled away after what seemed like hours and said, “So... What's this surprise.”

He gave me a cocky grin and led me to his office.

“Now. I was going to wait to do this but I can't.”

He went rooting through his desk drawers and then mumbled an ah-ha and then looked at me. Whatever he had been looking for, he had hid behind his back. He came over to me and pecked me on my lips.

“Now. I know this isn't a memorable moment and I had it all planned but I couldn't wait. I was just too excited.”

I smiled at his grin and then he got on one knee and pulled a tiny velvet box from behind his back. I gasped quietly after realizing what he was doing.

“Lucy Ann Porter, Will you marry me?”

I started crying silently and it took me a moment to answer. I finally said a yes and he put a huge diamond ring on my finger. I looked at it and jumped into his arms and smashed my lips against his.

He pulled away and said, “It's going to be a couple years until we can actually get married cause I wanna wait till your 18 but with all the planning that we have to do, it'll go by fast.”

I smiled at him and said, “It sounds perfect.”

“Oh. And another thing. I was thinking that we could adopt Joseph after we get married to.”

I looked at him in shock and said, “What. But. What about your parents?”

“Luc. I've had this planned for awhile. They are fostering Joseph until we are old enough to adopt him. I already talked to the agency and they've agreed that it's a good idea. And my parents think it's a good idea too.”

I looked at him for a few minutes and then leaned over and kissed him. I pulled away and said, “Kyle. I love you so much.”

He laughed and said, “I love you too Lucy. I'll always love you.”

I smiled and said, “Forever and always.”