eighteen

Harry's over at Aurora's to watch Everlasting Ink on her television. Not having a television has really become a problem now that the woman he's involved with is on a show that he can't easily access online.

"Quick! Turn it to channel 54!" Harry shouts from the door as he pays for the pizza that they ordered thirty minutes ago.

Aurora casually flips to the designated channel, her dark eyes watching him as he excitedly runs into the room, the pizza boxes held tightly in his hands.

She watches him curiously as he stares at the screen like his life depends on it. As if blinking will take him into the future and he'll miss everything. He seems angry that there's still commercials on and Aurora still hasn't figured out why he's so excited. The man hardly ever watches TV and he's rarely this excited, that is unless his favorite football team is playing. But it isn't even football season yet, so that can't be the reason for his giddiness.

After a few moments, he notices her gaze and turns to face her with a playful smile on his lips and bright eyes. "What?"

Aurora raises an eyebrow, "What do you mean 'what?' You're the one who's practically exploding in your pants for some TV show that hasn't even started yet."

A tint rises in his cheeks and his smile grows. Aurora continues to stare at him. She's never seen him blush like this before.

"Well? Are you going to tell me what it is or not?"

His teeth sink into his lower lip as he lightly shrugs his shoulders and turns his attention to the television that's still displaying random commercials. "Carter's on this TV show and the first episode is supposed to be on soon."

Aurora smiles softly, although, she's still a little jealous of the woman that's captured his affections so easily. "Are you two together now?"

Harry shakes his head and frowns slightly, his gaze not wavering from the screen. "No. She's still thinking about letting me take her out on another date sometime after she gets back."

Aurora's brows knit together in confusion, "Another date? When did you even have a first date?"

Harry's smile is suddenly shy and she finds herself wondering if he's ever looked like that when he thought about her, back when they were actually dating.

"The day before she left. I don't really know what happened, but she was really open for once and she somehow agreed to let me take her on a date." She's about to say something when he raises his hand and stops her, "Shhh! Stop talking, it's on!"

She can't remember the last time that she's seen him so excited, but it's beautiful. Internally, she curses herself. She shouldn't be thinking that way about him, he made it very clear that whatever romance they had in the past was long since dead and wouldn't ever be brought to life again. But she can't help it. He's wonderful in every imaginable way and she's stupid to even think about being with him again. He's infatuated with Carter.

But why can't he see that Carter doesn't want him like she wants him?

She pushes away nearly all of his efforts and yet, here he is, still pining over her like he's a lovesick teenager.

God, she really needs to stop thinking like this.

Aurora's just pushed her thoughts aside and turned her focus to the show's intro when Harry's pone vibrates on the table. He perks up instantly and reaches for it. She can feel her heart sink lower in her chest. It must be Carter.

Her part of the intro comes on and Aurora frowns. She looks really good and Harry's grinning from ear to ear as he watches, his eyes flickering from his phone screen to the television screen to see her before they return to his phone again.