thirty

"I'll be back around seven. Meet you at the gallery?"

Harry's grip on her hips tightens slightly as he pulls her closer and his warm, minty lips press to hers sweetly. "That's far too long, but okay."

Carter smiles against his lips, her hands resting on his arms. "You'll live. I'll miss you."

Harry grins, she used to hardly ever say those three words to him but after a few years together she tends to say them more often than not, and he loves it every time that she says it.

"I'll miss you more. Have fun giving away your masterpiece, they're always beautiful."

Carter stands on her tows and gives his lips a quick peck. "Thank you, I can't wait to see yours later. Please don't dress weird, it makes me want to laugh at you all night."

His laugh rings in her ears and gradually bounces off of the moderately thin walls, "Define weird?"

She playfully swats his chest and rolls her eyes. "Those weird prints of yours! I do like those black and white floral pants though, so those are the exception."

Harry playfully rolls his eyes in return. "Okay, for your sake I won't be completely myself tonight with me weird prints."

He leans down and kisses her again before letting his hands fall free. The clock on the wall is already telling him that he's going to be late. "I've got to head out now. I love you!"

Carter beams as she slips her feet into her boots, "Me too, love you!"

The door is nearly shut when Harry pops back in with a massive grin overtaking most of his face. "Don't forget, gallery at seven!"

A small laugh passes her lips before she calls back, "I won't! Don't forget, no weird printed suits!"

His laugh erupts from the hall and she's certain that their already pissy neighbors will be even more pissy with them after this. It isn't their fault that the walls are thin and that they're adults that like to have sex.

She leaves a little after Harry does, her thoughts consumed with how beautiful the city of lights is even in the daylight. They've been in Paris for about a week now and she's still captivated by every little thing that she sees.

The scents that fill the streets, the attire, the streets themselves, and the architecture, everything about Paris is wonderful, even if a few people are grumpy and the weather is pretty much terrible most of the time.

What Carter loves the most about Paris, though, is the single fact that she's here with Harry and they're both doing something that they're extremely passionate about. They've been together for about two years now and she feels so much better than she ever has.

He's constantly wonderful to her and his art is beyond magnificent. Carter's secretly glad that she got him instead of Aurora, because his heart is gigantic and so full of love and she loves knowing that it's hers.

Since her win on Everlasting Ink, she's been swamped with work. Everyone wants her to come to their shop and work for a day or two and everyone wants a tattoo from the 'famous' Carter Holloway.

There's been quite a few magazine shoots as well, which only serves to further her work load and her name.

Carter loves that she's been able to open up a few more shops in different locations and that people adore her masterpieces, but sometimes she wishes that it would just slow down so that she can spend more time with Harry.

Things have been picking up for Harry too. His art is practically flying from the warehouse faster than he can create it and his photos go even faster. Constantly, he's having art shows and being invited to gallery's all over the world.