Avoiding

-Vernon-
I was reading the book deeply until a sharp voice interrupted my peaceful mind. I looked up and found Min Yeon standing up with her pale face. Everyone was staring at her.

"Ms Park Min Yeon, what's your problem?" She didn't answer. "Sorry, teacher, Min Yeon isn't feeling well," said Eun Ji. "You shall go, come back quickly," said the teacher continued her class. I saw a letter in her hand, but she just walked out the class.

Letter.

Min Gyu hyung and I were about to stand up but S.Coups hyung held us back. "I will go," he said. Besides Min Gyu hyung and I, she was closest to S.Coups hyung so I just nodded.

The whole class was pretty boring, until the bell rang. S.Coups came in with no facial expression. Not long later, Min Yeon walked in, not making eye contact with anyone. She seemed like she was scanning the whole class.

The rest of the day, we had same period so I could see her. I thought she would look at us, or me, but she didn't.

Is she avoiding us?

Finally, the bell rang. All students started to pack their stuff and went out the class. There, I was still packing my stuff with the hyungs. The next second, Eun Ji and Min Yeon just disappeared. I quickly packed and followed them. Obviously, Min Gyu would be with them, but nothing would stop me. I just walked casually until we reached her house area, I hid behind a tree.

Min Yeon seemed to be quiet. I wanted to know what happened. Soon, they reached in front of her house. They were standing there, talking. Before they left, Min Gyu hyung planted a kiss on her cheek and left with Eun Ji. It seemed like the letter was true, but I wanted the real reason.

After the siblings left, she didn't go in. "I know you're here, come out," she said, which startled me. I showed myself with my embarrassed face. "What are you doing here?" I just showed my teeth awkwardly. "Come in then," she offered. I walked in her house, it was so quiet. It seemed like no one was at home. "Why are you acting so weird?" She didn't reply, placing the key in the drawer. She put her bag on the couch and sat beside it.

Why is she acting weird?

I sighed and sat beside her I held her hand, but she flinched. Her attention was on the floor, she didn't even look at me. "Min Yeon," I called, but she still looked at the floor. "Tell me, Min Yeon," I begged. "It's none of your business," she said coldly and stood up.

When she stood up, something fell out from her pocket, but she didn't realize it. It was crumbled. I picked it up and opened it. It was the same writing. I started to read until the end. I felt the anger in my body, so I just crumbled the letter again. It could be Raini or maybe someone else. She must've been scared to death.

Is it the reason why she doesn't talk to me?

I walked to her room and knocked the door. She didn't reply, so I just opened it. I looked around her room, but she was nowhere to be seen. Until, the bathroom door opened and revealed Min Yeon standing there, only with a towel wrapping around her body.

She screamed and quickly went into the bathroom again. I smiled sheepishly. That's the girl I know. "CHOI HANSOL, LEAVE NOW!" I just chuckled and went out. I waited outside until she opened the door. "Come in if you want," she said and lie on her bed. I walked in and sat beside her.

"You can tell me everything," I started it first. "What are you talking about?" She tried to change the topic but failed. She sat up suddenly, looking at me with her big eyes. "YOU SAW THAT THING?!" She messed her hair and hid her face with her pillow.

Then, she started to sob.

We haven't even married, what has she done to get all these?

I moved closer to her, and tried to pull away the pillow, but she held it tightly. "Hey, I'm here," I tried to comfort her. "I'm going to die, you guys are going to die," she muttered, while sobbing. "Min Yeon," I called her again. "No, Hansol. You can't get near to me," she said and pushed me away with her feet. "And I'm here now," I said. It was silence for awhile.

"I don't want you to get hurt, it's none of your business. It's because of me. I can't make the choice," she whispered to herself but it was loud enough. I pulled away the pillow and looked at her. Her eyes were puffy and her nose was red.

So cute.

I held her small hand, trying to make her talk. "No, Hansol, leave before you get hurt," she said. "I'm not leaving, there's no one here," I said. "I have my maid," she replied, covering her face with another hand.

I took away her hand, making her look at me. "Hansol, I'm sorry," she said suddenly. "Just leave, I don't want to hurt you," she told me. "Tell me the reason," I said. "I love you, Choi Hansol, I don't want you to get hurt," she said, staring at me with her teary eyes.

Did she just confess to me?

"You love me?" I asked again. "I love both of you, I have to choose one," she said, sitting up. I held her back. "I'm going to wee, don't block me," she said. She was always cute. I decided to be a man, so I just used my arms to lock her on the bed. I was on top of her.

"Choi Hansol, let go," she complained. I stared at her, seeing her struggle. "Don't move," I said softly. I looked at her eyes, nose, then lips. I just couldn't hold back anymore. I leaned in, causing her to look at me with her widened eyes. Until I could feel her lips on mine, I smiled.

At first, she didn't response back, probably it was too sudden, but then she slowly kissed me back. It was a long yet passionate kiss.

Pulling back, I looked at her. Her face was as red as a tomato. She looked down at her hands, they were twisting around.

"Am I better than him?"