Afraid

-Min Gyu-
"Park Min Yeon, will you be my one and the only girlfriend?" I confessed. She stared at me for awhile and took the roses. "Yes, I will," she replied, with a sweet smile. I threw my fist in the air and ran around her like a kid. Finally, I stopped and stood in front of her. I held her hand and pulled her chin up so we could look at each other. She is so beautiful and perfect. I leaned in slowly until I heard noises.

"Mr Kim, wake up." I groaned as I heard the maid woke me up from my sweetest dream ever. "Yes, I'm up," I replied, using the pillow to cover my face. Rubbing my eyes, I walked to the bathroom and started to wash up.

After that, I wore my school uniform and took my belongings then walked to the dining room. "Morning, son," my dad and mom greeted. "Morning, dad and mom," I greeted too. "Eat this and go to school, we're leaving Korea to America, so you can bring Ji to Park's house for sleepover," my mom said.

Park. Park Min Yeon.

"How about Choi?" I asked, eating the pancakes. "They're going too," she said. "Get your things packed and I will tell your sister too," she said, walking out the dining room. It was just dad and I.

"I'll go now, dad," I said, as I finished eating my breakfast. It was very very early, so I decided to go to coffee shop and get some drinks.

Then, I remembered yesterday. I didn't even know what I had done. I just kissed her. A part of me told me not to but, but another told me to. It was my first kiss, but it wasn't what I expected. Maybe I didn't have experience enough. That might be the reason. I wondered how she felt.

Then, I left the coffee shop but it was still early. I bet that members were still sleeping. Sighing, I just made my steps to school. It was quiet but some students had reached. I went to my locker to take my stuff then went to classroom, but no one was there. Sobs. Again, I went to the rooftop.

I was bored as soon as I reached there. Sighing again, I went back to the classroom. This time, I heard voices inside the classroom.

"Park Min Yeon, stop acting innocent, you have stolen Vernon from me!" It was so loud and irritating. Who would have that kind of high-pitched voice? Definitely, it was Raini. I opened the door quietly and saw two figures. Raini and Yeonnie.

Yeonnie had her ears covered by her hands, probably it was too loud. Then, she started to talk. "Lee Raini, you listen, firstly, I didn't steal your boyfie, secondly, can you just quit your annoying voice, it was terrible, thirdly, yes, we are forced to get married, and you are invited," Yeonnie said, walking away.

It's true, they're getting married. Why not me? Why is it Hansol?

I shook away my thoughts and tried to focus. Raini held Yeonnie's wrist firmly and turned her around to face her. Raini took her hand up and gave a slap on Yeonnie's cheek. She held her cheek, it looked horrible.

She hurt my Yeonnie.

I stepped out and walked to them calmly. "Lee Raini, what are you doing?" They turned to me and I could see tears in Yeonnie's eyes. Then, a tear dropped. I felt bad because I didn't stop this. "Oppa, she stole away Hansol," Raini said, making her high-pitched voice, which disgusted me a lot, while giving me puppy eyes.

"Please, Raini, it wasn't their choice," I said, avoiding Yeonnie's glance. "But oppa, don't you like her? Just bring her away," she complained with her legs stomping on the ground. It was really irritating.

"Don't talk about it," I said angrily because I didn't like the way she said in front of me and Yeonnie. "But oppa, it's true r-" I didn't let her finish her sentence and shouted, "I SAY DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, LEAVE!" Yeonnie was startled by my sudden angry voice. Raini's eyes started to fill with tears and stomped out the classroom.

I sighed, trying to calm myself. Then, I thought of Min Yeon. "Are you okay?" I tried to caress her hurt cheek but she took a step back away from me. "Yeon," I called softly, trying to get closer. "Stop moving," she said, tears fell on her cheeks.

I knew her well, she needed time, so I just let her leave the classroom. Luckily, there weren't a lot of students around. I sighed and put my bag on the chair.

-Vernon-
I went back to my house and changed into uniform after washing up. Then, mother came to me. "Son, your dad and I are going to America for the business, so you can go to Park's house and have sleepover. Min Gyu and Eun Ji will go too. Take care of Min Yeon. Here's some money, buy stuff you need. We will be back before the engagement, don't worry," she said. I nodded and took the money.

After preparing school stuff, I started to walk to school. It wasn't early or late. About ten minutes, I reached the school and most of the students were there already. After taking books from my locker, I went to class and found members sitting behind.

I found something, Min Yeon wasn't in the class. I wanted to ask the members but I decided to find her myself. "Washroom," I lied to them and walked out the classroom. I went to places that she would go but she was nowhere to be seen.

I went to the last place, which was the park behind our school. She might sit there. The closer I got to, the louder the sobs could be heard. I went through bushes and found a figure leaning on the old tree.

Walking closer as I knew it was Min Yeon, I sat beside her. "Hey," I said. She didn't reply but hiding her face on her knee, covering with her arms. "Min Yeon," I called again. She sniffed and looked up after wiping away the tears. She stared at me for awhile and suddenly hugged me tightly. I was startled by her sudden action, but managed to stroke her hair to calm her down.

"Why?" I asked softly, but she had her head on my chest, hugging my body very tightly.

"I'm afraid."