Chapter 21: Hope they'll be together

Third Person's P.O.V.

Kevin rushed back to where Kris was, and found him on the ground, almost stop breathing.

"Kris! Kris! Are you alright?" He asked, panicked.

"Who...are you..." Kris uttered weakly.

"Me? I am you, you are me." Kevin replied. Kris opened his eyes weakly and he was shocked when he saw that the person in front of him looks exactly like him when he was young.

Kevin had forgot that himself is in human form.

[You can't be too long in your human form. If you did that, he will die eventually.] A voice rang in Kevin's head.

"Oh, what a pabo." Kevin cursed himself silently. In just a second, he disappeared.

While Kris? He woke up slowly.

[Are you alright now?] Kevin asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine." Kris nodded slowly and replied. "I thought...I was hallucinating a while ago..."

[Why?]

"I saw myself. A young form of myself."

Kevin sighed. [You aren't seeing anything wrong, Kris.]

"Why?"

[The one that you saw, it's me.]

"What...what do you mean?"

[Remember? I am you, you are me. We are together.]

-------

Jocelyn's P.O.V.

I don't know how long that I've been passed out.

All I know is, I understood a lot of things.

Kevin was in his human form earlier, and he can't stay in that form too long or else Kris will die eventually.

And Chen? Kevin met him. He was about to tell him the story, but something happened to Kris, that he had to rush back.

Kevin warned us to stay home, because when Kris is dying, the portal to the world in the mirror will open again.

He warned Chen as well, because he once tried to set the portal there. But because of some reasons, he couldn't set it there.

"Kevin?" I silently called out in my mind.

[Hey. Are you alright?] I heard him replied.

"I'm good. I passed out earlier, and realized a lot of things. How's Kris?"

[He's fine...] Kevin mumbled. [I've figured out that I can change into human form, but if I stayed in the form too long...Kris...he'll die.]

I bit my lips softly. "There's isn't anyway to let you stay longer in human form while he wouldn't die?"

[No.]

I wonder...what if Kris died, what will happen to Kevin. Will he die as well? Or turn into his human form?

I am confused of all these things.

[Hey you're there?]

"Yeah preparing for work." I answered and packed my things into my bag.

[Then I'll not bother you again. If you have anything, just ask me about it.]

I nodded as if he could see me and went out, heading to the kindergarten.

As I reached the kindergarten, there's only Dongwoo there. I assume that he's the one who is in charge in opening the door today.

"Good morning Mrs. Kim!" He greeted cheerfully. Always the Dongwoo that I know.