Chapter 24: Gone

A/N:

Please play Gone by Jin[Lovelyz] when reading. The music video of that song is on the media.

_______

Jocelyn's P.O.V.

I nervously stepped into the house. Mother looked up at me, then she waved her hands, motioned me to go nearer.

Yoona halmoni held my hands tightly.

"Yoonhye-ah, come." She told me softly and led me to her room. What's happening?

Xiumin harabeoji was lying in the bed, with his eyes closed. Beside him, sat Suho harabeoji, and also another man there, stood beside Xiumin harabeoji.

"Harabeoji..." I held on Xiumin's harabeoji's hands and called him.

"Yoonhye-ah..." Xiumin harabeoji called softly. His voice is weak. "I'm sorry." He uttered.

"Wae...why are you apologizing...Harabeoji..." I felt tears streaming down.

"I promised you that I would like to see you with the one you really really meant to be with together...but I couldn't do it now..."

"It's not your fault harabeoji." I told him, holding his hands tighter. I don't want to lose him. I can't. He's more than just my grandfather. He's like my father, a friend that I share my secrets with.

To me, Xiumin harabeoji is everything. He taught me a lot of things when I'm young.

"Live better for harabeoji, okay?" He said, as he slowly closed his eyes.

"No no no harabeoji you can't leave!"

"Child, harabeoji is tired." I saw him smiled bitterly and told me. "Harabeoji knows, that there'll be someday, when you're going to stand on the aisle once again." He told me with a small voice, so that the others won't hear it.

"Harabeoji wants to rest already. Be happy, Yoonhye-ah." He told me, weakly.

"Honey...he's gone...I'm sorry." Yoona halmoni hugged me and said.

"Wae? Why it suddenly turn out to be like this? The last time he was alright..." I cried.

"This pabo...he got a heart disease...we tried to tell you, but he stopped us..." Suho harabeoji said.

"And today, he got a heart attack, then it suddenly become like this..." Seohyun halmoni said.

"You're the one that he wants to see the most. He was calling for you." Kai harabeoji suddenly said.

"Sir, madam, if you don't mind, please wait outside for a while." The doctor suddenly told us.

I nodded. I closed my eyes and went out to the living room, and sat down.

"I've called Myungsoo. He told me that he'll be back by here, by midnight."

"Thanks, appa." I said.

"Thats not a big problem, honey. Your harabeoji loves you a lot. He doesn't want you to worry about him so he doesn't want to let you know. It had been likely a month since he told us the news. We're sorry that we couldn't tell you."

The door of the room opened once again. The doctor came out. I quickly stood up.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim is gone."

Who knows that that might be the most hurtful words that I've ever hurt? The one who is the closest with me is gone.

Yoona halmoni started crying out her heart. She must be sadder than me. Though their marriage is arranged marriage, but she loves him a lot.