Chapter 3: Night Talk

Jocelyn’s POV

I closed the door behind me quietly and turned on the lights. I turned around and was shocked when I found Xiumin granddad sat there, in the couch.

"Harabeoji." 

"Oh, Celyn. You're back."

"Yeah, just hang out with Myungsoo and the other boys earlier. What are you looking at?" I asked as I noticed he was holding a picture, staring at it. 

"Oh, come here." He motioned me to go closer. I went to him and sat down beside him. 

"Do you know how do you have your name?" He asked.

"Ani." 

"You're actually named after Suho’s younger sister. Her name was Jocelyn Kim Yoon-Hye too." Xiumin granddad smiled sadly.

"Really?" My eyes widened. There's no one tell me how I got my name, until this day. 

Xiumin granddad nodded, and said, "The moment when we saw you, both of us wanted to name you after her. You have her eyes, and you look alike with her."

"Can I see her photo?" I asked.

He took out the picture that he was holding earlier. It was a group photo. I saw a girl, who was about nineteen, standing beside a guy who was around her age too.

"Yes, that's her." Xiumin granddad suddenly spoke. 

"We were best friends before, and the guy standing beside her, I could say that he was her boyfriend."

"What do you mean you could say that he's her boyfriend, harabeoji?" 

"Well, they love each other, but before she could answer him, she died."

I scanned the photo again and found younger Suho and Xiumin granddad. Oh and also Sehun, Kai and Luhan uncle. The others were faces that I never seen. 

"Let me tell you. This is Taemin, another younger brother of Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, this tall guy here is Kris, and the angel-like boy here is Lay, and this panda…he's Tao. Here’s me, Kyungsoo, Kai, Sehun, Luhan, Chen and also, Jocelyn."

"I've heard some names before." 

"Probably Luhan, Sehun and Kai. The others mostly were not in Korea. Like Chanyeol and Baekhyun who moved to States, Kris whose in Canada, Lay and Tao in China. Kyungsoo, he didn't really show up to us, only to Kai, probably." 

"You are going to invite all of them to my wedding, isn't it, harabeoji?"

"Yes." He replied and rubbed his hands together. "Mind listens to a story?" 

"Of course, if you're not tired."

He smiled and ruffled my hair. 

"There was a boy, who was in-love with his best friend. He was in-love with her for six years. He was sure that she doesn't love her for a bit. He started to date a girl who she hated the most in front of her. He kissed her in front of the girl. He saw the girl cried. He had hope. He thought that the girl likes him. But he knew from her brother that he cried because of other things, not because of him."

"He lost hope. But after he broke up with the girl, he tried to give her hint that he had feelings for her. He even asked her are they even friends, but she didn't give him any answer." Xiumin granddad paused. 

"There's one day, he confessed to her. He kissed her, when they're back at her brother’s car. She responded to his kiss. And soon, they started to date. The boy was happy, and every day, it was seen that they are around each other when in school, even not in school, the boy was always around the girl."