Chapter 10

"I tell you I trust you, and you come out and say this?" She asks, angered.
"I thought you'd trust that this benefited you."
"You wanted me all to yourself. That's what happened, isn't it?" She asks. He grabs her hand and strokes it, giving her a sense of false protection.
"I wanted you back. I wanted to live with you again, but I knew you would never love me again."
"Sonny-"
"No. It's okay. I know this is for the best." He gets up, and she doesn't want to let go of his hand.
"Sonny, no."
"What, Amanda?"
"I-I need you here with me. You know I hate hospitals after that rape kit incident." He gasps.
"I forgot totally about that, Amanda. I'm so sorry." She shudders, nervousness and chills taking over her body. Her head starts pounding. She feels her skin go cold. Her eyes close.
"Amanda! Amanda-" he lets go of her hand, rushing out the door into the hospital.
"I need help. I need help! She's stopped responding to me!" Amanda lightly hears feet pounding to her room. She feels both of her hands being taken.
"Amanda, please. I know you're in there. Please Please just listen to me."
"What were you talking to her about before this?" A burly-sounding man asks.
"We were arguing."
"Her blood pressure dangerously spiked. 190 systolic."
"Oh my goodness-" she hears Olivia. She tastes blood in her mouth.
"Her nose is bleeding and it won't stop! We need more help!"
"Amanda, are you aware what's happening to you?" She feels herself start to shake with frustration.
Yes Sonny. I can hear you. I am aware of what's happening.
"Liv, she's not responding to anything! Amanda, Amanda, please!" Her mind and eyesight go completely dark, and she feels nothing left of herself.
"There's nothing we can do. We're trying our hardest. But it's unlikely she'll survive."