Chapter 11

"You're alive, Amanda. You're alive." Her heart feels like it's pulsing out of her chest. She feels ripping pain running down her spine, and fingernails digging into the cold flesh of her skin. She feels the touch of someone's skin against hers, skin she can only recognize as Sonny's. She knows she's in good hands. Her eyes open suddenly, and she gasps for breath.
"Amanda-" Sonny rushes to her side, hugging her, but she feels herself hugging back even tighter.
"I am so glad you're alive. So glad."
"I can't be alive for much longer." A doctor walks in, seemingly rushed.
"She's right. If her blood pressure goes up as much as it did, she is definitely going to pass." Sonny tenses up.
"Are you sure there's nothing you can do?"
"We're positive." He lets go of Amanda's hand and steps outside.
"Can I take her out of here for an hour this afternoon?"
"Only if you bring her back. No strenuous activity." He nods and walks away. He gets into his car, and slowly starts to release tears.
"I needed to keep these bottled up in front of Amanda. I could never put that much stress on her. It's hard to see men cry." He drives to a small outlet mall close to the hospital, parks, and walks inside of a building.

The squad gathers around a small park bench later that afternoon. Sonny sits, waiting for Olivia to arrive with Amanda.
"There she is, buddy." Fin whispers to Sonny, stepping out of his line of vision. He admires her, the sun shining warmly down on her luscious blonde locks.  She stops in front of Sonny.
"Amanda, I know I asked you this question before. But now, both you and I are more vulnerable." He stops and chuckles a bit. "Mostly me. Because I know the end is coming." Amanda trembles. He steps off of the park bench.
"I want to make your last few months, maybe even weeks or days incredibly special." He gets down on one knee.
"Amanda, will you spend the rest of your life married to me?" She starts to cry.
"Of course, Sonny. Of course I will." He stands her up and they hug, tighter and more passionately then ever before. She gently cries into his shoulder, something she hasn't done in a long time. It brings her closure. Bittersweet closure, knowing Sonny had something to do with Rafael leaving.

Such bittersweet closure.