Chapter Three

Chapter Three

(Konohamaru's Theme begins)

"Well what are we waiting for?!? Let's dig in!" Naruto yelled cheerily as everyone gathered around the barbecue pit, considering what to eat.

"Erm Na-na-ru to... Would-would you like to-to try my-my ramen? I-I cooked it from-from the kitchen lodge that we-we were staying..." Hinata stammered from behind Naruto as she handed him a tupperware filled with ramen.

"Oh gosh thanks Hinata! You know me the best!" Naruto smiled gleefully as he took the food from Hinata who was blushing furiously.

"If you like him, tell him already Hinata!" Tenten whispered to Hinata.

Hinata stood stiff as she gulped nervously and Naruto looked at Tenten and Hinata.

"What are you girls whispering about?" he asked as he cocked his head sideways.

"Oh Hinata was just telling me..." Tenten began but Hinata quickly covered her mouth and dragged her friend away.

"Well that was weird..." Naruto said to himself as Sasuke plopped beside him on the bench.

"You are really an idiot aren't you..." Sasuke chuckled lightly as Naruto gave him an annoyed look.

"An idiot? What did I miss Sasuke child genius?" Naruto asked sarcastically as Sasuke gave him a smug smile.

"Seems like all of the Konoha Ninjas here know about it except you."

Naruto's eyes widened as he put his face close to Sasuke.

"Know about what?!?" he demanded. "What is it that I don't know about?!? Is it some kind of secret mission?!?"

Sasuke shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

"Never mind, forget about it idiot." he said as Naruto then took his chopsticks and poked him.

"And what are you doing hanging out with me? I thought Sasuke the child prodigy loves to be alone?" Naruto poked his side ribs and Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Naruto.

"Hey watch it punk! What? I can't sit with my best friend now?" Sasuke asked sarcastically as Naruto's eyes widened and he began poking Sasuke furiously with the chopsticks.

"You wouldn't declare openly to me that I'm your best friend so what's up smart ass! You need my help desperately don't you?!?" Naruto replied gleefully as Sasuke's cheeks reddened a bit and he looked away.

"Forget it. I decided not to ask you already." Sasuke began as he stood up and walked away but Naruto spoke again.

"I know you wanna ask about Sakura..." Naruto teased and Sasuke stopped as he then rushed towards Naruto, covering his mouth.

"Ssshh! Not so loud!" Sasuke threatened as Naruto made muffling noises and nodded his head.

Sasuke then released his hold and Naruto spluttered and cough.

"Geez just relax will you? If you need help then just tell me, don't need to get so worked up." Naruto grumbled as Sasuke sighed and sat back down beside his best friend.

"Why is she so distant towards me?" Sasuke asked, not wanting to beat about the bush.

Naruto blinked at Sasuke.

"You called me an idiot yet you're acting like one. Isn't it obvious why she's avoiding you? She told us you left her despite she saying something important to you." Naruto explained and Sasuke's body tensed.

"Did... Did she say... What was her message for me..." Sasuke asked.

"Nope. We tried asking her from time to time cause' she was really affected by it but she just wouldn't tell us. Recently we got Hinata to ask her again but she told Hinata whatever she said to you was in the past and it doesn't matter anymore." Naruto replied.

"Did she say why it doesn't matter anymore?" Sasuke asked again and Naruto shook his head.

"She just said to Hinata, people changed. Things don't change, situations don't change but people have the power to make it change. Therefore, it's the person that changes and she doesn't see the point in living in the past." Naruto shrugged his shoulders as he took off the tupperware lid of his ramen.

*~*

"Matsuri, don't you want something to eat? You can go to the grill and choose whatever you want there." Temari coaxed Gaara's disciple as she nodded towards where most of the ninjas were gathered.

Matsuri looked at her lap and clutched her fist.

"Temari, has Gaara sensei talk about my feelings towards him..." Matsuri asked and Temari raised an eyebrow at her.

"No. Not at all. Why? Do you want him to know?" was Temari's reply.

Matsuri shook her head and looked up at the blonde woman.

"No... It's fine... I don't want to spoil our teacher-student relationship anyway..."

She then turned to look where Gaara was. He was seated beside the stranger and the other Konoha ninjas surround them, asking the girl's questions and making jokes.

"She's really pretty... Maybe that's why Gaara sensei likes being around her..." Matsuri commented sadly and Temari put an arm around the girl.

"Matsuri, Gaara doesn't fall for someone that easily. He's just nice to the stranger cause' after all, she is considered a visitor to the village. Furthermore, he's always by her side to just be cautious in case she's a threat. That's all." Temari comforted the student.

Matsuri hoped to believe Temari's words as she stares longingly at her sensei...

*~*

Amaya's P.O.V.:

What's up with this red haired guy named Gaara? He's been following me around, giving me that piercing look. I know he's cautious of me but he's making me uncomfortable, especially since after that kiss...

God I've got to stop thinking about that!

"So Amaya, do you think you have a boyfriend?" Sakura asked and I gave her a soft smile.

"I wish I could tell you Sakura but... I myself don't remember anything..." I said sadly and Kiba butted in.

"I'm sure you do! You're pretty, why would you still be single??" he teased as he scooted closer to me.

Gaara glared at Kiba before excusing himself.

Everyone kept quiet and looked at me then Gaara.

Gaara got up and jumped off to the nearest mountain as he used his chakra to climb to the peak.

"Why did Gaara glare at you like that Kiba???" Ino asked as Kiba huffed and shrugged his shoulders. I felt an intent stare and turned to look in the direction where it was coming from.

It was just a snake watching us from the forest. The moment I laid eyes on the reptile, it slid out a forked tongue at me before slithering away...

(Konohamaru's Theme ends)