Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

(Ochihabune begins)

"Amaya!" Gaara called out as he pushed Matsuri away roughly.

Matsuri stood up and tried to ease out the wrinkles in her clothes...

"Forget it." Amaya stated in a quiet tone as she whirled around to smack into a wall.

Only it wasn't a wall...

She looked up and saw the silver haired man wearing a black mask. His forehead protector covered his left eye and he held onto her shoulders as he gave a soft smile.

"Sorry! My comrades and I wanted to have a word with the Kazekage!" the man answered and he frowned when he saw Matsuri and Gaara in a flustered state while Amaya has tears running down her face.

"Why are you crying?" a black haired woman stepped forward as she asked Amaya gently.

"Are those passionate tears of youth?!?" an adult version of Rock Lee screamed with enthusiasm and the silver haired guy shoved him away.

"Now's not the time Gai." he said in a firm tone and Gai cleared his throat as he gave Amaya a friendly smile.

"My name is Maito Gai. This lady here is Yuhi Kurenai and her fiancé, Sarutobi Asuma, is out having a smoke. And this act cool guy here is my long time rival, Hatake Kakashi!" Gai introduced himself but only the last name struck a memory in Amaya's head.

"Are you married?" Amaya blurted out to Kakashi which made Naruto and gang hung their mouths open, except for Sasuke, Shino and Sai of course.

"Whoa, aren't we going a bit too fast here young lady? Besides, you're too young for me..." Kakashi smiled awkwardly but Amaya frowned and grabbed his hand to get his attention.

"Do you know of a woman by the name of Ayumi?" Amaya asked firmly; she is now very sure of who the man before her was.

Kakashi's eyes twitched in recognition at the name as he studied the young girl before him.

Silver hair, those emerald eyes...

"You're my daughter, aren't you." Kakashi stated, not asked.

The reunion was too much for Amaya's emotions, what with Gaara and Matsuri, her pregnancy, that she just burst out crying and hugged her father as he held her sobbing figure and earned questioning looks from the rest of his friends and disciples.

"I'll explain once I tuck her in to sleep. She needs me." Kakashi said as he carried Amaya bridal style and asked directions to her room...

*~*

"Alright so where do we start?" Kakashi asked as he sat beside Gai.

"How did you meet Amaya's mother, let's start from there." Neji offered and Kakashi cleared his throat.

"I was doing a recon mission on spying on the Akatsuki. Just collect information for a few months and that's it. I never expect to have an affair with one of their members. I never knew her last name actually..." Kakashi trailed off as he sighed.

"Continue sensei." Naruto pressed as Kakashi closed his eyes and tilted his head back.

"She was beautiful. She has 2 red dots on her forehead that she says is from her clan... I never got around to asking her about it... She has long brown hair and that same emerald eyes you all have seen in Amaya. Amaya didn't inherit the 2 red dots and took on the colour of my hair I guess." Kakashi chuckled as he continued. "I knew she was a member of the organization as I saw her practicing with Itachi and the rest but something was a bit off. Her smile didn't quite reach her eyes. I knew of her night activities, sneaking out to train alone but I know she can't escape as the Akatsuki has traps laid out everywhere so she has to stay close to them. One night, I decided to show myself as I can't stay away from her anymore and that's when our affair began..."

"When did you find out she was pregnant with your child?" Shino asked.

"We only suspected when she told me she missed her period but few days after that, she was gone, and so was Akatsuki. She left a note at where we always have our trysts. It says that she has confirmed that she is pregnant and the Akatsuki found out about it so they're moving place since they know an outsider is on to their whereabouts..." Kakashi finished.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Kakashi..." Kurenai offered in a sympathetic tone.

Kakashi gave a weak smile as he nodded his head.

"So this is the first time you're meeting your daughter. How does it feel?" Asuma asked and Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well to be honest, I was surprised when she mentioned her mother's name but I quickly grew protective of her when I saw her crying like that. She is so vulnerable when she's crying, just like her mother... That reminds me, why was she crying anyway?" Kakashi asked as he shifted his gaze to the younger ninjas.

*~*

"Erm..." Kankuro began as he shifted his eyes uncomfortably to his friends and finally ending on his younger brother.

"It's stupid when you hear it." Sasuke smirked at Gaara, earning a shove in the elbow by Naruto.

"Don't say it like that! Can't you see Gaara is already sorry for what he did!" Naruto defended his good friend.

Sasuke smiled and shrugged as Sai, being the funny one in the most unfavourable situation, added in.

"You will love to hear this Kakashi sensei." Sai gave a wide smile as he looked at Gaara.

"Why are you all looking at the Kazekage?" Kakashi asked as he raised an eyebrow, turning to the sand ninja. "Did you make my daughter cry?"

Gaara sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I kind of cheated on her with Matsuri." Gaara sighed out in a deep breath.

"That's not the only thing you did you bastard." Ino snarled as Sakura clamped Ino's mouth shut.

Now they both have everyone's attention.

"What was that?" Gai asked, as he raised an eyebrow at the 2 girls.

"Erm nothing! It was really nothing! Ino pig here just love to add more spice to the drama!" Sakura gave a nervous laugh and even Sasuke frowned as he grabbed Sakura's hand away from Ino, in the process pulling her onto his lap.

"Stay." Sasuke smirked at Sakura's blushing face and the more she struggled, the more she felt Sasuke's length hardened a bit.

"Sasuke..." Sakura groaned and Sasuke shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sure everyone here wants Ino to elaborate. So spill it Yamanaka." Sasuke kept his voice calm despite the excitement he's feeling.

"You!!!" Ino yelled as she pointed an accusing finger at Gaara. "You are just an irresponsible bastard who can't keep it in his pants! You guys are not even married!!!"

"Whoa Ino, where is this anger coming from?" Shikamaru frowned at his team mate.

Ino whirled to face Shikamaru as she stomped her foot, unable to hold back her anger anymore.

"That bastard Gaara got Amaya pregnant!" she let the cat out of the bag.

"What?!?" everyone exclaimed as Kakashi kept a cool look and turned to Gaara.

"You got my daughter pregnant?" he asked. "How long have the 2 of you been together?"

Matsuri had her hands clamped over her mouth in pure shock and Gaara's green eyes were gonna popped out of his head.

"Pregnant???" he whispered as Sakura sighed, still on Sasuke's lap, answered him.

"Yes. I did a medical check-up on her. She's 3 months pregnant with your child Gaara." she spoke. "And she wanted to meet you to tell you herself but..."

"She caught you with Matsuri." Shino finished.

"Fuck you're screwed Gaara." Kiba chuckled as Sai high-fived him.

"I thought better of you Gaara." Neji said in a quiet voice as Naruto gave his friend a sympathetic pat on the back.

"I need to see her." Gaara suddenly blurted out as he quickly rushed with his ninja speed from the office to Amaya's bedroom...

(Ochihabune ends)