Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

(Nightfall begins)

Gaara was in a fix.

If he uses Desert Funeral on her, she will surely get crushed... Even if she is strong to survive, that doesn't guarantee the safety of his child...

Gaara was pulling his hair inside his head...

He slowly raised up a hand and began to close his palm as his eyes trembled, watching the woman that meant so much to him...

"Gaara... Please don't..." Amaya suddenly pleaded as her eyes softened...

Gaara decided not to use Desert Funeral and slammed his fist to the ground, punching it. Amaya was drowned in the landslide.

The ice dragon suddenly disappeared and Shukaku sighed with relief as he laid spread out on all fours facing the sky.

"Please don't ever summon me to go up against such a beast! I was lucky Amaya was paralysed towards the end!" Shukaku scolded Gaara.

"Is it over???" Kakashi wondered aloud.

Suddenly, the terrain changed to be a field of bones as bones sprouted everywhere and Amaya shot out from the ground, a bone acting like a tree root, wrapping itself around her waist and aiming her straight for Gaara...

Her hand, in the shape of a drill using her bone, had one target, Gaara's heart.

Gaara's eyes widened in horror but just before the drill reached his heart, the bone that is acting as her accelerator stopped. Amaya looked dead in Gaara's eyes and blood suddenly trickled at the edge of her lips...

"No! No! No! Amaya!!!" Gaara yelled out as he climbed up the bone root to reach her, pulling her out from its grip and cradling her in his arms.

This wasn't supposed to be happening! How can fate be so cruel and make both Kaguya siblings face death in Gaara's face?!?

"Amaya! Amaya!!" Gaara lightly caressed her cheek. "Talk to me! Were you sick? Did you had a disease like your brother?!?" he demanded as Amaya looked into his green eyes.

Amaya smiled, her usual smile. Gaara felt a bit relief as that means her bloodlust mood is gone..

"I am just hurt... I shouldn't be using my bones excessively... I think I hurt the baby..." Amaya whispered as she coughed up more blood.

"Amaya you need to hang on! I'm gonna get you some medical help okay!!" Gaara whispered to her as he kissed her forehead.

"Touching but she's coming with us." Pain spoke up as the rest of his members and Kabuto included, stood behind him. "Kabuto will know best how to treat her since he has tried researching and treating her brother before."

Gaara clutched Amaya tighter...

"I'm not handing her over to you! I'll stop you if it's the last thing I do!!" Gaara yelled as Pain raised an amused eyebrow.

"Oh? You and what army?" Pain asked in a mocking tone.

"I have a little bit of chakra left..." Amaya whispered as Gaara looked down at her.

"No honey you can't use anymore chakra okay.. You'll only deplete yourself of chakra then you and our baby won't have any chance of survival after that..." Gaara soothed her and Amaya smiled weakly.

"Our baby... I like the sound of that..." Amaya answered and Kabuto interrupted them.

"I hate to break up this mushy scene but it's over Lord Kazekage." he said, sarcasm dripping his tone as he added, "If you don't hand her over then Obito here will kill off Sai, Kiba and his stupid dog. I will deal with Kakashi and Konan will easily finish off Gai. So which will it be?"

Gaara gritted his teeth...

He knew that they were right. He's depleted of chakra and there's no use fighting them...

Amaya's body suddenly glowed as a blinding light surrounded them.

A white pure dragon appeared from her body and Gaara saw Amaya's fingers relaxing.

"Amaya! Damn it! I told you no more using of your chakra!! Why did you make hand seals to summon another dragon!!" Gaara scolded her as Amaya smiled at the Kazekage again.

"This dragon is special... I can only use it when I'm near death... It's called the time dragon..." Amaya explained as she coughed up more blood. "It's used to save the people around the user, not really meant for the summoner..."

As Gaara's eyes widened in realisation at her actions, the dragon, which was made of white light, slammed its paws down after making hand seals.

The only thing Gaara last remembered was a blinding white light consuming him...

(Nightfall ends)