Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

(Itachi's Theme begins)

Amaya's P.O.V.:

I was crying to myself when I heard a rustle from my bedroom curtains.

"Who's there???" I whispered, drying my eyes.

"It's just me Amaya." a figure in a red robe with his ever familiar sand gourd approached me as he climbed into my window.

"Get out." I voiced out in a harsh tone. "I told you to leave me alone!"

"Amaya, I'm sorry for what I did! I never expect you to experience that!" Gaara said in a hushed whisper as he stood inches from me..

"That's not the point I was upset about..." I gritted my teeth as Gaara raised a hand to cup my cheek.

"You know I've always loved and cared for you. Do you think I enjoy seeing you sad like this?" Gaara whispered as he wiped a stray tear away.

I held the hand holding my cheek, feeling his chakra, taking warmth in it.. That chakra and warmth sparked a familiar memory, an experience I had with the man before me...

I then narrowed my eyes.

"You're missing the whole point... Itachi..." I snarled out as I injected chakra into the figure before me, dispelling the genjutsu and my environment then went blur before settling in..

There at the opened window, stood Itachi, with his eyes closed.

"Well done Amaya. You haven't let your guard down despite your pregnant state." Itachi complimented as he opened his eyes, his intimidating mangekyou sharingans clear under the moonlight...

(Itachi's Theme ends)

*~*

(Himoji begins)

"Amaya!!" the real Gaara burst into her room but he was met with an unconscious Amaya on Itachi's back.

Itachi gave a side glance at Gaara as he jumped out the window. Gaara took a while to register what just happened.

"Fuck!" he exclaimed as he ran back to the office.

"Kankuro and Temari, assemble all jounins and search every nook and cranny in Suna for anyone from the Akatsuki!!! As for me, I will lead Naruto and the others to search for leads!!!" Gaara ordered out as Kakashi raised an eyebrow.

"You are not our Hokage, why should we take orders from you?" he spoke and Gaara gritted his teeth.

"I just witnessed Amaya being kidnapped by Itachi! Need anymore explanation?!?" he yelled out and Sasuke's eyes widened as he gently set Sakura up and stood up, glaring at the Kazekage.

"You saw Itachi?!?" Sasuke exclaimed and Gaara nodded.

Sasuke turned to everyone else.

"I don't care what you all choose but I choose to go after the Akatsuki." he said in a calm voice and Neji frowned.

"We can't... That wasn't what Tsunade-sama commanded." he began but Asuma cut him off.

"Tsunade sama told us to help out as best as we can if Suna needs us..." he said as Neji backed down.

Kakashi sighed as he narrowed his eyes at Gaara.

"So what do you want us to do?" Kakashi asked, trying to be professional.

Gaara sighed as he ran his hands through his spiky red hair.

"I need the more experienced jounins to stay here to guard Suna. I'm going after Amaya." Gaara decided with a firm tone that everyone knows there is no way he is changing his mind..

*~*

"You sure it was Itachi?" Sakura asked in confusion as they were running away from the direction of the sand village, following the pursuit of the attacker.

"I saw his face, I saw his cloak, yes it was Itachi." Gaara answered in an irritated tone.

"Come on guys! We're almost catching up to him!" Kiba yelled as Akamaru barked in agreement.

Akamaru was leading the way since he was brought into Amaya's room and was ordered to remember the lingering scents.

Sakura couldn't take it anymore after awhile of following Akamaru from behind. She jumped and ran beside the nin-dog.

Akamaru suddenly halted and looked at the pink haired kunoichi. Sakura and the dog then exchanged an understanding look... Akamaru nodded his head as he used his tail pointing towards the North-East.

"Caught you, you bastard!!!" she yelled as she punched the ground and the man who kidnapped Amaya flew out of the crumbled earth. Amaya's body glided through the air.

Except, the person who came out from the ground wasn't Itachi. It was a weird white plant-like looking guy...

"Catch Amaya!" Tenten yelled out as the rest of them rushed forward.

Another shadow suddenly appeared and grabbed Amaya's body away.

"What the?!? Who the fuck are you?!?" Naruto yelled out.

The stranger stood on a huge tree branch as he smiled and shifted Amaya easily onto his other shoulder. His other hand carried a huge unique red scythe.

"I'm not the fastest in the group yet I managed to beat all of you in catching this girl here!" the man laughed at Naruto and his friends as they all clenched their fists.

"Give Amaya back right now!" Ino screamed at him and he just gave her a wry smile.

"Like I would listen to that. We Akatsuki have a plan to dissect her chakra and divide it among us so we get her blood line powers..." then his eyes suddenly focused on Sasuke as they widened in recognition.

"Ahhh... The younger brother of Itachi... I'll tell your brother I saw you while doing my errands..." he taunted and Sasuke bit his lower lip, holding back his anger. "Itachi already had her but he decided to pass it to White Zetsu here..." the stranger smirked at the white guy who was rubbing his head, groaning in pain.

"That hurt you pink-haired bitch!" White Zetsu snarled out at Sakura, earning him a triumphant smirk from the kunoichi.

"The plan was to throw you guys off course but apparently, your mutt here still managed to track us, he stuck to either Amaya's or Itachi's scent... Guess Itachi wasn't a genius like what the Uchiha clan said huh..." the stranger taunted as he said in an amused tone directed at Sasuke.

Sasuke gritted his teeth in anger but didn't say anything.

"I get it you want to be able to summon dragons but I'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye..." Shikamaru said cautiously, diverting the topic back as to why Amaya was being kidnapped, and the new stranger chuckled.

"So I guess you haven't found out the true extent of her powers have you..." the man smiled as he cast his eyes over the gang. "I'm not telling you, you'll find out for yourself in due time." He finished with a grin as he looked up at the moon.

"My-my... Look at the time. I must be going or my friends will be upset with me..." his gaze then shifted to his accomplice whom Sakura punched out of the ground. "Take care of them Zetsu."

He then quickly ran away from the group's sight.

"Shit! This is bad!" Naruto clenched his fists.

"All of you won't have a chance to even kill me if you break up..." White Zetsu suddenly said and everyone looked at each other when Neji nodded.

"My team will fight him. You guys go ahead." Neji said as Rock Lee and Tenten agreed with him.

"Then it's settled. Let's go." Shikamaru called out as the rest quickly moved away from the area.

"You know your comrades won't even pass my friend..." Zetsu said calmly and the three shinobi smirked back at him.

"Don't worry about them. Your opponent is us, the Youthful Spirit Team!!!" Rock Lee shouted enthusiastically as his team mates took their stance beside him.

(Himoji ends)