Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

(Companions begins)

Gaara's P.O.V.:

When I opened my eyes, I was staring up at my friends' faces.

Friends including Sai, Kiba, Gai and Kakashi... And Kiba's dog of course...

Then I remembered everything...

"What the hell happened?!?" I raised my voice as I shot up, sitting up straight and looking at my surrounding.

We were back in the forest of where we first met White Zetsu, except it was daytime... Meaning it took us 1 whole night to look for Amaya with all those incidents...

"I don't know..." Gai admitted as he scratched his head. "I remembered being mummified by that weird origami user but that's about it..."

"Well, we got sucked into another dimension and an hour later we got released from it." Kiba and Sai answered.

Kakashi had a blank face but Gaara knew he can't remember much as well...

Amaya, that's right!

"Where's Amaya?!?" Gaara demanded and Sakura and Ino gave each other nervous looks.

"What?!? Well where is she?!?" Gaara raised his voice as Sakura spoke up.

"Tsunade-sama was informed of what happened as Sasuke used his crow to send a message back to Konoha. She's treating Naruto who was poisoned badly by Sasori... and Amaya..." Sakura then stopped as she bit her lips but Gaara knew she was hiding something else.

"Spit it out Haruno!" Gaara snarled as Sasuke defended the pink haired girl.

"Gaara, I know you're feeling emotional that Amaya is injured and not here but even Sakura is not updated with her condition. So there's nothing else we can do except get you back to Suna, you rest up and we from Konoha will then make our way back." Sasuke told him straightforwardly and Gaara frowned.

"I'm following you back to Konoha." he stated as Neji widened his eyes.

"You can't do that. You are the Kazekage! It's enough that you left your village to look for Amaya who's not even a sand shinobi. What will your villagers say if they know you are leaving again for her?" Neji said as Gaara shook his head.

"Temari and Kankuro will do the public relations stuff for me! She's carrying my child and the future heir of Suna so I have to see how she's doing!" Gaara insisted as Shikamaru sighed.

"Just bring him along, he's gonna get troublesome if we stop him." the shadow user stated and after exchanging glances, they all agreed to allow Gaara to follow them back to Konoha...

*~*

"Well, how is he doing?" Shizune asked Tsunade as she passed some documents for the Hokage to sign.

"Naruto is doing fine but Hinata refuses to leave his bedside even though Shino has persuaded her to leave Naruto alone and let him rest up. Hinata still blames herself that because she wasn't a good team leader, she made bad decisions and risked Naruto's life.." Tsunade answered.

"You know that's not true right?" Shizune asked and Tsunade shook her head furiously.

"Of course that's not true! Hinata is an excellent shinobi! She may be a bit shy but she just needs a lot of training to be a team leader! Besides, Naruto is a rash person so it's kind of not surprising to know that he got himself into such a dangerous situation." Tsunade shrugged her shoulders.

"What about that newcomer?" Shizune asked again and Tsunade stiffened a bit at her question.

"Well... I thought her pregnancy was supposed to be a secret but Hinata told me everyone who was deployed to Suna knew about her condition already as a lot of scandalous drama happened there which I'm not really interested to know." Tsunade took a breath before continuing. "Hinata and Shino also didn't know of her clan's background but when I met them in the forest, she had bones sticking out of her..."