12

CHAPTER 12

DAY 13/69

After drawing Jungkook 's face, I gave it some shades, blending the two tones together ,making it look realistic.

I smiled to myself as I knew I had done a great job ,"when the both of you are done, please write a small note about each other explaining the details. "Mr Kim added, I groaned.

Picking up the same pencil that I have used, at the corner of the canvas, I wrote ," This is the Jeon Jungkook that i know , he has a messy life but i know it will get better if he tries. I am willing to try it with him."

THIRD PERSON POV

Meanwhile Jungkook was thinking about how he should describe her in a paragraph , a short one would just do the job.

He started off , " Cassandra Yoo, classic hot nerd in school."

" The more i talk to her , the more interesting she became , maybe she was different from the rest of the girls afterall.maybe , just maybe i was wrong about her. I wonder what she thinks of me."

Both of them coincidentally handed up their canvas to Mr Kim but they quickly flipped the work around so that the other party couldn't see what they wrote and drew about each other.

Mr Kim admired the two paintings ,"very interesting Jungkook. And you, Cassandra, I must say that you are really good at paying attention to people. "he gave Cassandra a thumbs up.

"Since both of you did so well, how about removing the punishment of cleaning the toilets? "Mr Kim said.

Both of their eyes lit up, neither of them wanted to actually clean the toilet at all.

"In one condition, the two of you will go to the pet shelter to volunteer in, representing our school during school hours. "

Jungkook grinned, " yes offcourse! "

---
DAY 16/69

"Pabo it's the other way! "

"No it's that way! "

Both of them were quarreling about which way to go while Jungkook was holding onto the address that Mr Kim gave about the pet adoption centre.

"Are you blind, it says to turn left! " Cassandra exclaimed but Jungkook didnt want to admit that he was in the wrong direction.

"No the right way is the right way! "Jungkook fought back but he realised he wasn't exactly making any sense.

"Argh we are just going in circles, let's just ask the people around here. " Cassandra said and went forward to ask a ahjumma that was selling some hotdogs.

"Ahjumma, do you know how to get to the pet shelter ? " Cassandra asked politely and the kind ahjumma pointed out the directions to her. She bowed and went back to Jungkook who had his hands in his pockets.

"Come on i know how to get there already. "

---
CASSANDRA POV

When we finally reached the pet shelter, we were greeted by this lady who looked like shes in her thirties .

"Ah you two must be Cassandra and Jungkook! Its so lovely to see kids these days to volunteer in for pet shelters, come in ! You can call me Mrs Ahn. "She greeted us.

"Ah... annyeong Mrs Ahn. " both of us said at the same time. We were being toured around the place by her and my jaws dropped wide as I saw the number of pets that got abandoned by their owners.

Suddenly I felt a strong force on me as I fell backwards onto the ground. A golden retriever came dashing and licked my face , its tail moving left and right.

"Ah thats our shelter dog, sara. "Mrs Ahn explained and when the dog heard her name ,she backed off and went to Mrs Ahn instead .Jungkook helped me up and I brushed my skirt.

"So how can we help here? " jungkook asked.

"You can help us to clean their houses and pack them new food. The cleaning tools are by the sides of each fence and the food is inside the stockroom.but since it's your first time here ,why not you two try to mix around and get along with these dogs? " she suggested and walked off leaving the two of us surrounded with lots and lots of dogs.

Jungkook went to the first fenced gate and opened it, it revealed a little poodle,"awe this is such a cutie! " he patts the head and I laughed, "omo, Jungkook i didn't know this side of you even existed! "

That made Jungkook stumble back and he shook his head, " do not tell anyone about this arasso ? Besides who could resist this cute face?! " he held onto the poodle and put it in front of my face.

It looks super cute and I felt like squishing it's cheeks. "Whats its name? " I asked him. "Hmm the sign says kiwi. "He replied and I scooted closer to him, taking Kiwi from his hand, I gently stroke her in my arms, Jungkook flipped out his phone and took a photo of the rare sight.

Mrs Ahn suddenly popped out of no where, "oh look , you guys picked Kiwi! Shes a really cute dog here ... hey why not the two of you adopt her? "

"Adopt her?"

"But we dont have a place for her."i shrugged my shoulders.

"Ah thats okay you two can adopt her and leave her here, I'm sure that's fine. Besides we have so many dogs up for adoption, Kiwi wouldn't mind having 2 youngsters to have her. " she smiled.

I looked at Jungkook, and he looked at me, we had a mini staring contest.

"We'll take her. " both of us said at the same time and Kiwi barked .